Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #61
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Has anyone been able to find a suitable picture, in which a independent graphic shop could use to make a decal? My needs are for the decal that goes on the front cap.

Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #62
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
I emailed Keystone late Friday regarding my decal problem. Today I received a response from Kara, in owner relations, asking for photos referencing my problem. I just sent them to her and will update everyone when I hear back from them.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #63
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
My Owners Manual that came with the camper says"Waxing the Filon areas twice a year is recommended. Wax with an automotive wax"
also it states "Wax and wash with the graphic not against it."

I take it Keystone recommends waxing the graphics.

Chip

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #64
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
It is interesting, that Montana recommends waxing when many others say that is the cause of decal peeling. I think the real issue is that really good decals have to be purchased and installed properly by the original manufacturer.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #65
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Burlington graphics has said at every fall rally seminar that their graphics should NOT be waxed. We never waxed ours..They have started to peel. The side facing the sun here in Florida and at home really got bad this winter season.

We have been watching them closely.Example the graphics on the bedroom slide out had some minor shrinkage but no peeling at the start of this winter season in October.They are now peeling badly.Most of the graphics on that side have started to peel.
The 3400 was 6 years old April 6th.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #66
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Monday I received a follow up to my original email from late Friday. I respnded on Tuesday and received this from Keystone on Wed.

"Dear Mr. Whiteside:

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your decals. Pending availability, Keystone would like to offer you replacement decals at no charge. The installation will be your responsibility.

If you would like to accept Keystone's offer, please let me know. I will need you to review the model attached and reply which decals you need.

Regards,

Michelle Diaz
Owner Relations"

That's about as quick and positive a response that I have ever received from any company's customer service department. For those who have had problems with Keystone customer service, I don't know what to say. The attachment from Keystone was specific to my year and contained all the part numbers for the decals on both sides, front and back. I was able to use it to list the required replacements for my rig.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #67
vikkijoe1

M.O.C. #7041
Michelle Diaz also has responded to me to send me the decals to replace on both sides of my 2007 3500RL. It will cost for the removal and replacement, but I will accept that over the poor look of my camper with peeling decals.
vikkijoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #68
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
It sooooo much depends on the climate you live in,our 2003 Big sky graphics still looked great till the day we traded it in, could not have been happier, we live in WA state only a few months a year of sunshine, HOT weather is BRUTAL on graphics I don't care how good of quality the graphics are
Old 06-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #69
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
Rich thanks for all the info on the graphics it was well recieved by me. Graphics started to peel real bad on our 2005 this spring on all sides with the front cap being in the best shape. I think that I will call customer and at least give it a try. Could you please give me the info of the graphics guy you talked to in I'm assuming the Cleveland area so that I may visit/talk to him and see what he can do for me.
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #70
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
UPDATE:
Called Keystone on Tuesday 6/5/2012 talked to a Michelle on peeling/disintegrating graphics. She told me to send photos. Emailed them 9 photos of rig with all the other info that they requested. Keystone emailed me back on Wednesday 6/6/2012 and said "Sorry unit is out of warranty." re-emailed Wednesday and re-pled my case. We will see what happens.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #71
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
UPDATE;

Thursday 6/7/2012. Pled my case 3 times with the same answer, out of warranty out of luck. Well I tried.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #72
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Thor/Keystone/Montana is taking a heavy hit on their reputation for not making these available for purchase. Soon no parts will be available for purchase to do repairs once the warranty is over in 1 Year.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #73
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
At some point, depending on the age of your unit, graphics will not be available. It took a number of shipments before I received all of my replacement graphics but I did receive them. I doubt that Keystone is the mfg and only so much stock can be made for certain model years. I would assume that a 2005 model would have less chance of receiving replacements than a 2008 which is my year.

I know in the automotive industry replacement parts are required to be available for so many years. I don't know if the same criteria applies to the RV industry. As decals are cosmetic only I doubt that there would be any stock available. There may be a shelf life that applies and after so many years it would be cost prohibitive to make them.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #74
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
I guess I fail to understand why we RV owners make excuses for the manufacturers. Seems to me that since the RV manufacturers have to do is supply the existing design to graphic houses and have them bid on the production. Then select a vendor for us to purchase from. Since Burlington Graphics has become non-cooperative it would seem to me that Montana could just move on and use the graphics vendor they are using for current production. The only thing I can think of why Montana is not being cooperative in this is: They are trying to get rid of their inventory of graphics before allowing another vendor to become a source. Otherwise rhe curent Montana policy does not make good business sense and is really hurting their reputation.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #75
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Making excuses for the manufacturer is not my intent. Rather than choosing sides, I was trying to make you aware of other possibilities as to why graphics are not available for a 2005 model. As a consumer of a Keystone product I have been treated well by them whenever I had an issue. For my money Keystone and the Montana line had it all over Forest River which is why I traded my Cedar Creek for a Montana.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #76
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
If the graphics were not so integral to the look and resale value of the 5th wheel, I would agree with you. But not being able to keep our Montana 5th wheel looking good, and therefore have diminished resale value, because the manufacturer refuses to sell repair parts is just something that is unacceptable.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #77
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
The problem with my unit is ongoing, it actually started around year 2 and have been in contact with Keystone several times about it . This blog just rekindled my intrest in trying to get something done about it. I even mentioned that I would accept a different year graphic package as the 3295RK was made thru the 2008 model year, but the same result happens all the time for me out of warranty out of luck. They didn't even offer a discount or a reduced price. I haven't given up hope. I really like my unit and am hard pressed to find a new unit fron any brand that I would consider. Other than this problem the unit has been trouble free, so I really can't complain much.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #78
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gjetzen

.... have been in contact with Keystone several times about it .
Have you talked to Robyn at Customer Service? Her group seems to be the most helpful. Too many folks have recently obtained graphics. Your being rejected without pictures and VIN information doesn't sound correct.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #79
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Do like Carl says talk to Robyn.. You know there are some graphics that are just not made any more due to the age of the RV.If they are not manufactured how can Keystone provide them.There are many truck and car parts that are not made anymore by the manufacturere and the can not provide them. Why do we feel Keystone should provide a product that is no longer made???

BTW desertRrver.. do you know lostinAZ from the Rv net forum???? maybe????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #80
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Amen Rich