Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2022, 08:57 AM   #1
HappyCamper24

M.O.C. #31368
Outlets labeled solar will not work

I have a 2022 Montana High Country 351bh with the 400i solar package. Twice now since buying the rig in May, any outlet labeled solar has quit working! The TV, counter outlet, and refrigerator are all plugged into these outlets! All GFCI switches are not tripped. The first time the dealership said that metal shavings were shorting out the GFCI switch( in the hatch). The second time I asked if they were still going to go with that story. The dealership has zero clue what the issue could be. Meanwhile, we are running things on extension cords while the dealership orders parts and puts a plan together for the 30 plus issues with this rig. Most of the items were addressed and not repaired correctly the first time. The head service manager is working with us and upset at some of the issues/fixes. I am beyond disappointed in Keystone’s lack of quality. I just traded in a 2017 Montana 3850mb that was so nice, but the layout was bad and lacked storage. I reached out to Keystone as issues to this magnitude are indicative of a major quality issue in their corporation. Of course they would not let me have Jeff Runel’s e-mail. I will give you a handful of items, but 30 plus is not acceptable! For your enjoyment here are two pics. The striker plate is “after” the dealership fixed it😳
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	708C5386-A69B-4AF7-9912-1E0355AF0E6E.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	12585   Click image for larger version

Name:	FDEEAC5D-16F3-4148-8047-AFDE14521BDD.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	12586  

HappyCamper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #2
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Now that is some fine looking "crapmanship".
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:23 AM   #3
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper24 View Post
I have a 2022 Montana High Country 351bh with the 400i solar package. Twice now since buying the rig in May, any outlet labeled solar has quit working! The TV, counter outlet, and refrigerator are all plugged into these outlets! All GFCI switches are not tripped. The first time the dealership said that metal shavings were shorting out the GFCI switch( in the hatch). The second time I asked if they were still going to go with that story. The dealership has zero clue what the issue could be. Meanwhile, we are running things on extension cords while the dealership orders parts and puts a plan together for the 30 plus issues with this rig. Most of the items were addressed and not repaired correctly the first time. The head service manager is working with us and upset at some of the issues/fixes. I am beyond disappointed in Keystone’s lack of quality. I just traded in a 2017 Montana 3850mb that was so nice, but the layout was bad and lacked storage. I reached out to Keystone as issues to this magnitude are indicative of a major quality issue in their corporation. Of course they would not let me have Jeff Runel’s e-mail. I will give you a handful of items, but 30 plus is not acceptable! For your enjoyment here are two pics. The striker plate is “after” the dealership fixed it😳

First off welcome to the family. You can get just about any question answered here. Just so where clear, the plugs are labeled "Solar" are actually inverter powered outlets. Your solar doesn't generate 110 volts. The Solar simply keeps the batteries charged so you can run those plugs off the inverter. Your inverter has a built in transfer switch. When the inverter is on it passes shore power if present. If shore power isn't present it inverts and supplies 110 volts to those "solar" outlets.

If the inverter is off it wont pass anything. Therefore the plugs are dead. Depending on the inverter model you have will depend on weather or not it has a on/off switch on the control panel. Some do not but they all inverters have a battery disconnect in the battery compartment. I'd start there and make sure it's on. You may even need to cycle that switch.