Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2020, 10:02 PM   #41
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Let us know the savings you receive...
Had to use a Pilot since that's the only truck stop around here. Price on the sign was $3.05, Paid 2.646, Sam's Cllub was $2.7something.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:52 PM   #42
Mike639
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19743
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Hey Mike, I assume you have used the card, if so what was your savings?

Thanks for giving the referral.
Tested it local before mailing it to my Dad who was on a trip with his truck. I saved .42/gal on the test fill. Dad saved .40/gallon on his first fill up and .55/gallon in his second. He'll break the 100 gallon mark on his way home. I didn't have time for this trip. Darn retiree's!!!

I'm going to buy a 37 gallon auxiliary tank before out trip this summer. It will pay for it self in 2 seasons/trips of camping.
Mike639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #43
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Just learned that Pilot/Flying is no longer allowed to accept this card....Good Sam's has a contract with them that prohibits P/FJ from giving discounts to RV'ers unless they are using GS Club card... RV Plus Charge Card.....08c disc per gal. for life member. Limits our choices now...Love's, TA/Petro, Road Ranger, SAPP Brothers, and Ambest . But, usually if there is a P/FJ then there also is a Love's nearby. Just FYI.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #44
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteandJoan View Post
Just learned that Pilot/Flying is no longer allowed to accept this card....Good Sam's has a contract with them that prohibits P/FJ from giving discounts to RV'ers unless they are using GS Club card... RV Plus Charge Card.....08c disc per gal. for life member. Limits our choices now...Love's, TA/Petro, Road Ranger, SAPP Brothers, and Ambest . But, usually if there is a P/FJ then there also is a Love's nearby. Just FYI.
I just used it this morning at Pilot...
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #45
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
https://www.tsdlogistics.com/daily-r...-be608dc7-820e

On their website now.

Think I somehow posted this elsewhere by mistake . Try again.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
Old 03-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #46
Mike639
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19743
Quote:
https://www.tsdlogistics.com/daily-r...-be608dc7-820e

On their website now.

Think I somehow posted this elsewhere by mistake . Try again.

I see the posting behind the password now. I don't remember seeing it earlier but I did find an article on https://blog.goodsam.com/goodsamclubpilotflyingj/ that is from 2012. I do see that Flying J and Pilot are no longer listed in their prices. Sad day for me as Flying J is the closest. Oh well
Old 03-04-2020, 08:00 PM   #47
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
That really SUCKS! Thanks Marcus. I just will use Loves, TA/Petro. Pilot/Flying J just lost my business.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:53 PM   #48
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Got our card this week.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:57 PM   #49
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hblick48 View Post
That really SUCKS! Thanks Marcus. I just will use Loves, TA/Petro. Pilot/Flying J just lost my business.
Ditto for me
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
Old 03-04-2020, 09:00 PM   #50
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Something tells me that contract will not be renewed since the discounts are so much heavier with the new card and word is getting out. What I really wonder though is how would they know you were an RVer if say you fueled without an RV hooked up??? And for that matter how much do you really think the folks behind the counter pay attention to that? Or would even notice if you pulled up to fuel with a box 18 wheeler on either side of you. As long as you swipe the card at the pump I doubt most clerks would even care. Good Sam may as well give up. They are going to have a heck of a time enforcing this one!

Not to mention that you still have to go inside to get the Good Sam discount and it requires you to let them hold your cards till you finish fueling. It is a royal pain in the backside. So much so we rarely even bother.

The biggest draw for us on the new card was not the discount it was the convenience of being able to pay at the pump just like the truckers so we weren't holding up the pro drivers when using their lanes and pumps!

Cats already out of the bag Good Sam, give up already!!!!!!

Besides the new card is a trucking company card. Your telling me that Pilot/FJ is going to give up their truckers to honor a contract with Good Sam?? I don't think so!!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #51
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Something tells me that contract will not be renewed since the discounts are so much heavier with the new card and word is getting out. What I really wonder though is how would they know you were an RVer if say you fueled without an RV hooked up??? And for that matter how much do you really think the folks behind the counter pay attention to that? Or would even notice if you pulled up to fuel with a box 18 wheeler on either side of you. As long as you swipe the card at the pump I doubt most clerks would even care. Good Sam may as well give up. They are going to have a heck of a time enforcing this one!

Not to mention that you still have to go inside to get the Good Sam discount and it requires you to let them hold your cards till you finish fueling. It is a royal pain in the backside. So much so we rarely even bother.

The biggest draw for us on the new card was not the discount it was the convenience of being able to pay at the pump just like the truckers so we weren't holding up the pro drivers when using their lanes and pumps!
Whenever and wherever you swipe a card the system automatically recognizes the fact that it is a RV Fuel Program as stated on your card. Dadgummed technology ! Your card would be rejected...but you could use your Good Sam card and save maybe $0.08 a gallon. I'm po'ed because I kinda always favored P/FJ, but Love's here I come.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
Old 03-04-2020, 09:21 PM   #52
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Whenever and wherever you swipe a card the system automatically recognizes the fact that it is a RV Fuel Program as stated on your card. Dadgummed technology ! Your card would be rejected...but you could use your Good Sam card and save maybe $0.08 a gallon. I'm po'ed because I kinda always favored P/FJ, but Love's here I come.
BUT anyone can get one of those cards! You don't have to be an RV owner and nowhere on the application for the card do they ask what you drive or tow. What about the farmer that gets the card and never tows an RV? Or the guy with a backhoe doing construction work? I don't see how they can enforce this short of having someone constantly monitoring every single station??

I'll bet my bottom dollar it won't take long for pilot to break the contract with Good Sam. There is no doubt that it is tiny compared to the backlash they will see from rejecting the other card! Not to mention all the in store business they will lose to their competitor. They want folks stopping at their stores more than they want the tiny fraction of business that Good Sam will bring in after this new card takes over!

If not count me in on the boycott till things change!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:50 PM   #53
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
BUT anyone can get one of those cards! You don't have to be an RV owner and nowhere on the application for the card do they ask what you drive or tow. What about the farmer that gets the card and never tows an RV? Or the guy with a backhoe doing construction work? I don't see how they can enforce this short of having someone constantly monitoring every single station??

I'll bet my bottom dollar it won't take long for pilot to break the contract with Good Sam. There is no doubt that it is tiny compared to the backlash they will see from rejecting the other card! Not to mention all the in store business they will lose to their competitor. They want folks stopping at their stores more than they want the tiny fraction of business that Good Sam will bring in after this new card takes over!

If not count me in on the boycott till things change!
When you swipe the card, the system recognizes that it is an RV fuel card and it will be rejected....it don't matter if you pull up to the pump on a bicycle!

But I agree , if P/FJ makes more money with this card than they do with Good Sam then they will find a way to get out of contract. But the question is, why did they not know about their deal with GS about not having another deal with RV'ers?
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
Old 03-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #54
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
One thing for certain it was foolish for pilot to make an EXCLUSIVE deal with Good Sam!!!
Old 03-05-2020, 06:30 AM   #55
Mike639
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19743
I emailed TSD and learned it applies to the RV (as we knew) and the truck cards. I bet Flying J/Pilot will regret that contract!!!
Old 03-05-2020, 08:21 AM   #56
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sounds like a option to consider. We use truck stops primarily FJ/ pilot with the RV plus card and will continue to do so . We use the RV plus card to pay for the fuel and are billed every month so our Bank card is not used for fuel purchase. We have no problems with Truck stops and we are in no hurry to get anywhere.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #57
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
I fueled yesterday for $2.15 and no "special" card required for a discount off inflated prices.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:18 AM   #58
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hblick48 View Post
I'll do the same but~~~ how will the pump know you are an RV or semi? As an Elite GS member I get 9 cents off diesel there, nothing near the EFS card!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #59
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I'll do the same but~~~ how will the pump know you are an RV or semi? As an Elite GS member I get 9 cents off diesel there, nothing near the EFS card!
When you swipe the card, the system recognizes that it is an RV fuel card and it will be rejected....it don't matter if you pull up to the pump on a bicycle! Truckers have a different card that ID's the user as a trucker...or whatever member card you have...Good Sam for example. Have not even used my card and now they tell me that I can't use it where I had planned to use it the most. TSD maybe tried to slip this by Good Sam but got caught. But I'll go to Love's mostly now and use Good Sams at P/FJ if there is no other choice cause I gotta have something to burn.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
Old 03-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #60
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
I will fill at a place that takes the card. I sent a message to Pilot and the response was basically, too bad.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote