Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Sewer Flush Not Working

Tonight I hooked up the hose to the water spickett, and the flush connector in the outside utility closet, turned the water on and I didn't hear the flusher spinning in the tank or the normal rush of water into the tank. I confirmed water was flowing through the hose but no water is getting through into the camper. What gives? I even shined a light into the flush connector and it appears to have a valve setup but I could see an opening where water should be flowing. Any thoughts?

snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sounds like the Anti-siphon valve has went kaput. A common problem. The uncommon aspect is that this is the first I have heard of it on a 3750 and the location of the valve is a mystery to me.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Was water coming out the bottom of your trailer? Or any wet places inside the trailer?
My antisiphon just recently failed. But when it did the water came out of a wall (where the valve was located), across the floor (among other places), and out the bottom of the trailer.
My antisiphon valve was located high inside a wall between the shower and the coat closet near the door. No way to get to it. Had to figure out where it was, cut a new hole thru the back of the coat closet, and remove the valve.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

Was water coming out the bottom of your trailer? Or any wet places inside the trailer?
My antisiphon just recently failed. But when it did the water came out of a wall (where the valve was located), across the floor (among other places), and out the bottom of the trailer.
My antisiphon valve was located high inside a wall between the shower and the coat closet near the door. No way to get to it. Had to figure out where it was, cut a new hole thru the back of the coat closet, and remove the valve.
Didn't notice any water dripping from camper or water in camper. Its' almost like the water was stopped at the connector and not entering the camper.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Sounds like the Anti-siphon valve has went kaput. A common problem. The uncommon aspect is that this is the first I have heard of it on a 3750 and the location of the valve is a mystery to me.
Bingo
We have to bring it back to the dealer at some point for some small warranty items so they can fix this too.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
I had the same problem. The dealer claimed to have cleared "something" from the line and while I haven't had an opportunity to test the fix, I'm $137.50 lighter in my wallet. Where on the 3750 is the anti-siphon valve?
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
The back flow preventer could be anywhere. Many are under the sink, some behind the shower or in a pantry. If it's not under the sink usually there is an access panel, but it's not always lined up with the valve. If possible replace it or have it replaced with a quality one, not the original equipment. Some of us have taken them out altogether and use an external one on the end of the hose instead.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

The back flow preventer could be anywhere. Many are under the sink, some behind the shower or in a pantry. If it's not under the sink usually there is an access panel, but it's not always lined up with the valve. If possible replace it or have it replaced with a quality one, not the original equipment. Some of us have taken them out altogether and use an external one on the end of the hose instead.
Man, you guys amaze me. You think of everything, I mean EVERYTHING!

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #9
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
When you hook it up and run the water does water come out of the sewer pipe when you open it and tank has been emptied?

that's the problem that I have. I don't know what is inside the black tank at the end of the line - I assume it is some sort of spray head. I used to be able to hear the water "spray" on the sides of the tank. One day that "spray" sound stopped when I was hooked up to a water source with a fair amount of pressure. I think I might have blown off the spray head or whatever connection to the sprayer there is.

I still get water out of the tank when I run the hose but I don't think i'm getting the spray action, instead the water is just running in and out.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #10
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
If the tank is full then the sprayer is covered and will not make any sound until you drain it at least half way. Then you should hear it.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #11
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
When my back flow preventer valve went bad it sounded like water was blasting thru the line. But I was only getting a trickle out of the tank. It took me awhile to figure it out cause if you listened it sounded like it was flushing like crazy. But yes, just replaced the valve with an elbow so now when it sounds like the water is running in it really is.....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
A good way to find the anti siphon valve is to listen to it making a humming noise, in your case its to late, but if can you remember where you heard that humming coming from when you did flush the black tank and typically it is under the bathroom sink as ours is up high over in the corner. When ours goes out I will replace it with an elbow and just screw one on the convenience center connection for the black tank flush. Sure hope yours is not in a wall, but if it is hopefully their is an access panel.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
shorty6236

M.O.C. #13042
Send a message via MSN to shorty6236
The sprayer on my flush system is no longer working. I have found the check valve under my bathroom sink and tested it by disconnecting the out side of the valve and turning on the water on to see if water comes out. It worked - I got a bucket full of water. I reconnected and tried the flush again but got nothing coming out the dump line. So where is the water going? I'm not finding any wet spots. I can't hear the flusher spin. No water is coming out of black tank. Can anyone tell me what to check next as at this point I'm lost and don't know what to do next. I can't get at the sprayer head because it is underneath my storage compartment floor. Can someone help??
shorty6236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I am sure, you checked this, but sewer dump valve was open, right? Mine won't work unless dump valve completely open. Had trouble with that dump value and nearly same issue. Just a thought?
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #15
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
snowhawk2, if you are able to remove the white enclosure that is in the basement area that surrounds the convenience center and maybe the first black panel that the white enclosure is attached to you should be able to trace the flush line to where the anti-siphon valve is located. I realize this is a lot of work but is how I figured out where mine was located. When mine failed it was cracked and there was water running out of the side wall of the camper and water was spraying on the bedroom pocket door. By removing the enclosure you should also be able to see where the flush is connected to the tank. Hope this helps. Tim
tweber502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #16
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
My flush stopped working once. I can't remember if there was NO water coming out or just a small amount. Took it to the dealer, and I think they just cleaned the tank somehow and it worked. I think the nozzles had gotten plugged.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote