Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
Hot bathroom

When we run the air cond. and the bath room door is shut it gets very warm in there. Has anyone ever put a vent in the bathroom for air to move around. They put a vent for the heat but not one for the air cond. It might help to put a cover on the skylight.
lfw

lfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
I agree. In our old Montaineer it got hot. New 3400 bathroom is even smaller and gets hotter.

We do two things - leave the door open when we are out for the day. And when using it with the door closed, turn on the ceiling vent fan, as it will pull some cold air in under the door.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Our bathroom has been changed and it’s all open as one large room including the shower area. The sun roof over the shower lets in a lot of heat so I removed the inner window pane and placed towels in between the two panels. This has helped us in keeping the heat down a little. Also, I don’t like the light coming in there of a morning especially if we’re parked under a street light.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It is a small room as has been said. It takes very little time to displace the air. The fan can pull out the heat and bring in the cool quickly enough to satisfy us. I don't want an AC vent in the potty room.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #5
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
The 2009 model has AC in the bathroom and it does get chilly in there
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Our 07 3485SA with the fully enclosed bathroom does have a vent for the AC as well as the heater. In fact if you leave the door closed it will be cooler in the Bathroom then the bedroom.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Lfw,
A few folks have actually put vents in the room. What we do is leave the door open just a crack. We put a rag over the top of the door. We only do this during the winter. This allows the air to exchange all the time. Keeps that big chill down when one opens the door.

The vent might be a good idea but not something I want to do.

I thought Keystone had started putting a vent in the throne room.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
Our 2008 3665RE Montana has a AC vent in the bathroom. Works good
cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #9
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Change out the standard fan to a fantastic fan with a smoke colored cover. Would be very difficult to duct AC to the bathroom if it was not factory installed. Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
I have a ac vent and heater vent. I changed the ac vent to a vent with an adjustable air flow. Now i can regulate the air from full open to full closed. I also bought a entry door window sun cover (silver stuff) I cut it to fit the skylite. It made HUGE difference with the heat from the sun in there. Try it you'll like it.

PS The glue on the velcro that holds the shade in place probably won't hold. So I stapled the velcro to the shade and used a good double back tape on the other velcro piece. That worked.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve and Brenda

The 2009 model has AC in the bathroom and it does get chilly in there
Steve and Brenda, you might be able to solve this by changing the duct directional thing to one that allows you to control the airflow from that duct. We did this on all our ducts in our Montana and it really evened out the airflow so we no longer have hot spots and cold spots because the airflow is 360 degrees out of each duct. And we can control how much air comes out of each. We limit the flow in the bedroom and increase it in the larger living room area. We do not have an AC duct in the bathroom but I think this would help you. This cost us $5 per duct. We did this a year or so ago and have been much more comfortable since the change.

The parts we got from a Jayco dealer but we see our Montana dealer also carries them.

Installation was easy. Just pry off the directional cap, the part that rotates, remove the four screws from the next piece but leave that piece (baffle) in place. Use those screws through the holes in the new cap and screw into the baffle. Alignment was not exact so I just rotated a bit and put new holes through the baffle.

The new cap has a screwlike center. Just rotate it to change the airflow amount.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote