Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Our neighbor, Frank

Frank was my buddy, he was 86 years young when we left for the Winter, on this last trip to South Padre. I called him a few times over the Winter to see how he was doing, Frank was always so nice and friendly. He asked how Sue was doing, and assured me everything was fine at our home, across the street from his.
I would cook, and take over to his house some of my ‘specials’, Chili, fresh hot Ham and beans, Chicken and noodle soup. He would smile and thank me for my efforts, exchanging an empty clean container for my full one.
Sue and I would have Frank over to our house when severe weather came around, we all spent many hours in our storm shelter, I built in our basement. Frank had only a crawl space, and a healthy respect for the Tornado warning siren.
Frank was a widower and lived alone, but his son came and mowed his lawn, checked on his dad frequently, so he was not completely isolated.
When we were ready to come home this Spring, we asked Frank to collect our mail from our rural mailbox, as our time on the road was extended for various reasons, he was more than glad to do that for us. A good man, and a good neighbor.
When we arrived back from our trip, Frank was in the hospital at the V.A. center here in Kansas City. His son came over from Frank’s house, met us outside telling us that “dad wanted to made sure that I collected the mail for you guys.”
We thanked him, and found that Frank was having problems breathing one night, so he drove himself over town and checked himself in.
I spoke with him the day before he passed on, wishing him a happy birthday. We will miss Frank so very much, as I type this, I glance over and see his car, his home.
We like to think that the good people go on to a better place, I hope Frank does. We plan on getting some flower bulbs, planting them in our flower garden outside our kitchen window, we call ’Mr. Robert’s garden’, we will see them bloom in the Spring.
The garden will be shared now, Frank would like that.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
We have a neighbor much like your buddy. He does not have much time left. We share old times, plant flowers, and talk of the good old days. We will miss him as you miss your buddy.

Life goes on

Dick
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Funny how that works. You had a fine neighbor and friend in your Frank. We have a neighbor named Frank, too...total jerk.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
otto0813
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5620
How lucky for both you & Sue and Frank to have been such good friends. I am sure you will miss him terribly; sounds like he would love the idea of your garden!
otto0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Ozz,
Very nicely put. Yes he will be missed but as you said you can look out and see the good time anytime.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ozz, sorry to hear of Frank's passing.

Our neighbor here at the stickbuilt died at Christmas, about a week after we left town. I found out by doing some of my genie research one day while in Texas, as we were worried about him, he had been ill, was almost 95, and the ambulance drivers all knew him.

It was sad to come home knowing that he was gone. His dear wife, left the earthly bounds in June of 2007. We knew he would soon join her.

They were sweet wonderful people, and we miss them both. We look across the street, and miss them both.

I kinda like that flower planting idea.

Thanks for writing such a nice piece about your Frank.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Ozz,

Thanks for sharing a touching story about your friend Frank. I have been blessed to have a few "Franks" in my life. I only hope that I live my life in such a way as to be remembered as you have your buddy Frank.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Ozz,
As usual, I was inspired by your story of Frank. Made me remember another inspiring story of a man and gardens. See http://www.motivateus.com/stories/carls.htm Thanks, again.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by capn chris

Ozz,
As usual, I was inspired by your story of Frank. Made me remember another inspiring story of a man and gardens. See http://www.motivateus.com/stories/carls.htm Thanks, again.
Nice story, couldn't get through it without shedding a few tears.
Thank you Chris.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Two great stories! We need a few more people like Frank & Carl.