Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
New models - bathroom sink and privacy curtain

We had the chance the other day to look closely at the three new models - 3075RL, 3000RK, and 3600RE. We were very impressed by all three but of particular interest to us is that in these models there is a privacy curtain between bedroom and bathroom and the bathroom sink is back on the bathroom side of the curtain. These eliminate our major concerns with the newer models, as far as meeting our personal needs. I know others expressed the same concerns so thought I'd post about the new models.

The basement storage area is narrower than on other models but is probably doable for most, including us.

No, we're not planning to trade... unless we manage to win a lottery. Then we might consider it. Those new ones (all the new models, not just those three) have some very nice upgrades from our older model.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Here I thought you were thinking of an upgrade...glad you clarified that Steve..
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:37 AM   #3
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Steve,
I didn't realize that you are now a 5 star wizard. I remember when you only had a couple stars.
Can the new models be found on the computer? Like you we are still happy with our 03 3295RK model.
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
I'm waiting till they put wood floors (like the Everest has) in the new Montys before considering an upgrade. Bill hopes they never do...
Mariana
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:03 AM   #5
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
A privacy curtain between the bedroom and bath just makes sense. Even if there are just 2 of you there are times that you may want to close them off from each other. We definitely would not consider an rv without one
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
I don't know about you guys but my sink has always been on the bathroom side and a privacy curtain between the bed, shower and sink. 06' 2980 RL.
gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rodger! Good to see you back! Five stars means nothing more than an indication of motormouthness.

Mariana, our old 3295RK has wood laminate flooring in the kitchen. Carpet everywhere else, except the water closet and in front of the bathroom vanity. I bet you could put laminate throughout, though, without too much problem. You might even find a dealer who'd do it as part of the deal on a trade!

Myrna, the more I see of the new ones the more I drool. Just ask Vicki. I really need to start buying powerball tickets....

Gitrdun, several models have the sink on the bedroom side of the curtain. Lots of people are fine with that but for our lifestyle it's a deal breaker.

Charlie, I'm with you. Those times are frequent for us.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
It's good to hear that Keystone is bringing back the dividers, we have the door type divider in our rig, and I know our next one will also, so, I'm happy about it. But I do agree with Mariana about the wood, except I'd prefer a Laminate flooring, It would be nice if it were an option, we wouldn't have to worry so much about the wear & tear of the carpet, a throw rug is easy to replace.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:34 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Roger (5er): Here's the new models Brochure (2007):

Also, here's they new 2007 floorplans:

Joy (melnjoy): Here's Fulltimedreamer's website with his laminate flooring project. He also has some other great improvements:
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:45 AM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We have the wood flooring in the kitchen, and if your slides are not aligned just right, you might find some marks/scratches on your flooring.

I love mine, don't get me wrong, but even after a number of adjustments at the service/factory, we still have some wear. Note that during one of the repairs, that they actually busted the wood planking and had to replace it all, and the (new) replacement floor still shows a few marks where the slides go in and out.

I am assuming that Fulltimedreamer did such a good job on his that he does not have that situation. I was told that my experience was why they stopped installing the wood in the kitchen. Not sure that is true, but that is what we were told.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, we also have those scratches that you can see when the light is at just the right angle.

Dsprik, thanks for the links. I mentioned in another thread that a Keystone exec told us they'd tested the new Montanas to zero degrees F without freezing. I see now that's in the brochure! I knew they'd moved the water lines to their own channel at the top of the belly where it is warmest but did not know until reading the brochure that they also insulated the water lines in the belly. Bravo for that!

I see the 3685FL and 3670RL are not listed in the 2007 specs. I guess they dropped those two models?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We were also told on our last factory tour that they had tested the Artic package down to zero degrees. At the time I was dubious and after seeing all the gaps around the frame /underbelly on our 3400 I was even more doubtfull..But what do I know..Will the first person who spends a week in their Montana at zero degree temps let us know the results..We will NEVER be in such a place////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #13
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I also have the wood flooring in the kitchen area.And it got marked up really good with the slide going in and out.Luckly I had it replaced under warrenty with new wood flooring.So far no marks.Mine were really bad in one spot.The tech that did the repair told me they had to sand down the flooring underneath the wood plank flooring for it to slide in and out without marking it up.

Hey Steve I buy the power ball tickets ONLY when it reaches 100 million.Why I have NO idea-like 10 million wouldn`t be enough right(lol)
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

We were also told on our last factory tour that they had tested the Artic package down to zero degrees. At the time I was dubious and after seeing all the gaps around the frame /underbelly on our 3400 I was even more doubtfull..But what do I know..Will the first person who spends a week in their Montana at zero degree temps let us know the results..We will NEVER be in such a place////
Rich you have to be careful of protesting too much. You may inadvertantly end up in a cold weather situation before I inadvertantly do...

Old 06-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #15
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Isn't there a rule

Never say Never???

I try to never say never, cause when I do, something, sometime, someplace, somewhere, comes along and proves me the wrong again! HAHA

I agree with Dave on this one Rich, ya gotta be careful! with NEVER!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rescind "never" replace with "highly unlikely")Still want a report from the first person who spends a week in a Montana(or any camper) at zero degrees.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Well I sure won't do it on purpose, but if it happens, I'll let everyone know.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:46 AM   #18
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Roger (5er): Here's the new models Brochure (2007):
Dave,

Thanks for the link. Montana must have just posted the brochure in the past few days. Did you notice that the back cover of the brochure, lower right corner, tells folks to visit this forum?!
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:28 AM   #19
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
How 'bout that! We're famous....or at least the MOC is!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #20
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

We had the chance the other day to look closely at the three new models - 3075RL, 3000RK, and 3600RE. We were very impressed by all three but of particular interest to us is that in these models there is a privacy curtain between bedroom and bathroom and the bathroom sink is back on the bathroom side of the curtain. These eliminate our major concerns with the newer models, as far as meeting our personal needs. I know others expressed the same concerns so thought I'd post about the new models.

The basement storage area is narrower than on other models but is probably doable for most, including us.

No, we're not planning to trade... unless we manage to win a lottery. Then we might consider it. Those new ones (all the new models, not just those three) have some very nice upgrades from our older model.
Steve,

While Marsha and I were camping at Lake Lanier last week, we went by the Montana dealer there and looked at all three of the models you mention. Marsha was particularly fond of the 3000 as she still believes our 3295 is on the long side. You are correct, there are some very nice upgrades to our units…

On the curtain, I bemoaned the replacement of the doors in ours with the curtains, as I find the curtains to appear cheap. Marsha reminded me, however, as this is a particular non-issue of us as in all of the camping we have done together since 1994, we have only had guests one time, and that was in the pop up!

I noticed that one model—do not recall which—did not have the curtain…
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote