Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
“Big Montana”

A couple of possibly amusing tales:

We were heading up highway 441 on our trip to the North Georgia mountains on June 6, when Marsha and I saw a black snake in the road in front of us. Now, you have to understand that Marsha loathes snakes. I was not going to swerve for it, but it turned out that I did not need to. As we approached, that snake almost literally threw itself off the road, which of course amused Marsha and prompted her to say, “It saw this big monster coming and knew it had better get out of the way if it wanted to keep living.”

I think the Montana earned a treasured spot in her heart after that!

We also were towing the Montana through Commerce, Georgia today on our way back when I saw a red light in front of us with cars backed up. Now, I do not like this stop light as it is at the bottom of a long grade and I dislike starting from such a place. As I closed on the light, I groused about it, but it started to change. The cars there, however, were slow to react, so I groused again about them getting going. That was when John, our eight year old son, decided to voice his own opinion: “Move out of the way, big Montana coming through!”

Maybe we could get a sign printed out and see if that would work on humans AND snakes alike!

Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
LOL, good stories!

It is amusing to see some of the startled reactions in certain situations. We've more than once been in the right hand freeway lane with Montana in tow and there are cars trying to merge from an onramp and I can't get over a lane. Some of those folks just plain don't know how to merge properly and just wait until they are almost out of merge lane before they bother to look to see if they can merge. Sometimes I think they see our truck out of the corner of an eye and adjust speed to slide in behind us. The look when they realize there's no room right behind us would be priceless if it didn't make me so nervous.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wordsmith
We also were towing the Montana through Commerce, Georgia today on our way back when I saw a red light in front of us with cars backed up. Now, I do not like this stop light as it is at the bottom of a long grade and I dislike starting from such a place.
I don't know what it is about stoplights, but anytime I'm towing the 5er, it's like they see me coming... "ok, turn yellow...NOW!!"
Especially the ones at the bottom of hills...
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote