Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #21
montanaone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1
This has been an interesting discussion. However, your administrators would like to remind you of the Mission Statement of the MOC:

"The Montana RV Club is a club organized for the enjoyment of all owners of
Montana, Montana Big Sky 5th Wheels, Montana Mountaineer RVs or any person who is planning on buying a Montana in their future. If you own either brand (any model) you can add to the enjoyment of your RV lifestyle and leisure time by joining the Montana Owners Club."

(Note: That Mission Statement can be found here: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=58649)

We are not here, nor was this Club formed to hold Keystone to task. If you want organize a group of MOC Members to hold Keystone's feet to the fire, then you will have to do it somewhere else on the Internet and not on the MOC. We are not lobbyist for or against Keystone's Montana Division. We simply enjoy an amicable relationship with them, which benefits some of our members and Keystone as well.

montanaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #22
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Great discussion, but I would refer everyone back to the Mission Statement for this website. (It's on the Homepage.). I guess you could protract "enjoying the RV Lifestyle" to include lobbying for better service, but I think it is a stretch. We have been on the forum since 2004, and have attended all of the Goshen rallies. Anyone who has been around over that period of time knows that Keystone listens. (Do the terms Quest and remote thermostat ring a bell)? That being said, much of the satisfaction (not all), is dependent on the dealer and their capabilities. Now, let me add another example - tires. Montana offers G series tires as an option. If they were to offer them standard, many people would compare the price of a unit without G series tires to the Montana. Many people still buy solely on price. It's the same reason that Montana has gone to the Residential/Legacy package. That $6000 option keeps people out of the Montana line. We had the opportunity to see Jason Gill, head of the Montana line, at the Denver show. When you talk to him, you know that they are trying to balance value/features and price. They know the price range they sell in, the features they have to have and then they balance that with the options people want. I know there are people that have had unfortunate issues with their units, and sometimes Keystone hasn't stepped up. I know this happens with other expensive products also. I had an issue with a Ford truck back in 1986. I've never bought another one based on the way they handled it. I know Ford makes good trucks and that they usually handle the customer's expectations. If I had the same issue with Montana, they probably wouldn't have my third Montana being built right now.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #23
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
What is the old saying about fool me once or fool me twice?

I have no interest in a lobbying group. I have contacted Customer Service several times. I have never received any help.

They have made their bed, and I have my opinion of their Customer Service/NOT.

Either stand behind the product and take care of your customers or someone else will.

I suggest a good read, I know Carl and anyone interested in Customer Service needs to read this book.
http://www.amazon.com/Customers-Life.../dp/B000SEGI9K

Jim
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #24
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Since I am the one who presented in my OP what I do not feel the MOC represents and asked the question can we be more than salespersons for Keystone, I will make an assessment of my impression based on the not unexpected responses. Let me first say that it was not my intent to turn the MOC into a lobby group or consumer protection group.

The responses for the most part are a clear indication that there are few members who are willing to go out on a limb for all other MOC members, the reasons are many I am sure, I am also sure one of those reasons is related to impressions/misconceptions made of other members whom they do not know and will never get to know. I find that unfortunate but it is what it is. We must of course accept and honor the "Mission Statement" that we all agreed to in becoming a member.

I will personally do all I can to assist another member with their frustrating issues with Keystone "customer service", if I am fortunate enough to get the name of someone at Keystone who can actually assist you I will pass that name to you and will personally contact him/her on your behalf.

Unfortunately I think these two sentences pretty much sum it up.

We are not lobbyist for or against Keystone's Montana Division. We simply enjoy an amicable relationship with them, which benefits some of our members and Keystone as well.

You can of course continue to post your thoughts, and thanks to "all" who have commented.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #25
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Your conclusion is without facts to support it. Members go out on a limb all the time for each other and call Keystone. I doubt any of us have "special love" for our patron manufacturer. The correct message a reasonable person would have concluded logically is this: The MOC is not the forum you seek. Neither can or should It move in the direction of your original post. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not the correct venue. That said, your free to create a group that can meet those goals and objections. I think many here would join!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #26
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

Your conclusion is without facts to support it. Members go out on a limb all the time for each other and call Keystone. I doubt any of us have "special love" for our patron manufacturer. The correct message a reasonable person would have concluded logically is this: The MOC is not the forum you seek. Neither can or should It move in the direction of your original post. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not the correct venue. That said, your free to create a group that can meet those goals and objections. I think many here would join!
As I stated in my last post it was not my intent to turn the MOC into anything other than what it is, but rather to suggest I do feel there is more the MOC could do in benefiting the members, and I still feel that way. Never was it my suggestion to create a group that could meet the goals or "objectives" you have suggested.

Whether in support or opposition, I have respected everyone's opinions and thanked them for contributing, I have respected the Mission Statement of the MOC and had no intention of pursuing the issue further in this forum.

Although I may have wished to respond to individual posts I did not. I think it only fair and reasonable that I be given the same respect, and not be singled out as some kind of bad guy.

I have had my say, you Artemus, and others have had yours, no one other than myself has been singled out because of their opinion, please give me the courtesy I and others have exhibited in this thread.

Thank you

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #27
Rain Ducker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14462
Your administrators want to thank you all for your contributions to this interesting thread.

All that can be said, we believe has been said, so before it turns ugly between members, we are locking this thread.

Thank you all for your participation in the best forum on the web.
Rain Ducker is offline   Reply With Quote