Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Waaa, Waaa, Waaa

OK--no replies to this post needed (unless you are RSVPing) because all I'm doing is just having a pity party and wanted to invite some people! Can't find the source of two bad leaks in our rig, gray tank has started dripping a teeny bit of water, and we're in a situation where we can't easily pack up and drive ? miles to a reputable service center for help.

You guys have been so nice about giving me names of some reputable places around Austin where we can take our rig, but until we have a break in our schedule, we can't be gone for the time it will take to get to the service center, wait for the rig to be fixed, and get back.

As I said, I just wanted company at this pity party I'm having. There, now . . . I feel better after waaaa waaa waaaing for a bit!

Carolyn and Wayne
Park hosts at Matagorda Bay Nature Center RV Park, Matagorda, Texas

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sorry to hear you are having issues. I hope you find a repairman that is able to come to you and solve the problem... Good luck!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Why not try a mobile repair person? If you're a member of Coach-Net you can ask them for a recommendation.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
I concur with Dick. If your tanks are from Travel Star you can work with them to get the local mobile repair person a "dealer" with them so that they will ship the tank. I did this in 2008 on our 2006 3400RL; I didn't want to take our rig to the dealer.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
OK -----Enough of the whining! You could still be working!!! Start checking around your area for a mobile RV service. There has to be one around relatively close. Start asking anyone in an RV. Or even those who have an RV in the driveway and or yard. Someone will know something. Good luck and quit crying..... Texans don't cry! Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Don't feel like a hostage--it will come together.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I just knew I'd get company--and some encouragement--from my MOC friends! Thanks for the suggestions and encouraging words. Supposedly there is a good mobile RV repairman in the area, but I'm checking out his references before calling him. And if push comes to shove, we probably could pack up (ugh!) and get some time off so that we could take our rig to Camper Clinic II (had good recs) outside of Austin. We also had some good recs for the Georgetown (NOT the Buda location) Crestview place.

The pity party is over!

Thanks,

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Carolyn,

Be aware that the history for shipments from Travel Star are not good. Many have experienced weeks until their shipment arrives, and even then, there is no guarantee they sent the right tank....something about like numbers with left and right attachments.....a real horror story if you are in need.

Keystone does not keep information to verify which tank you have installed. The only way to truly know is to take the belly off, and read the crayon marks. Mine was not easy, all 1's, 6's, 9's and O's...and maybe that one was a 5 or a 3??....Couldn't tell if I was reading it upside down or not....good luck.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765

The way I see it!!!!! You're the park host and should know who the good mobile RV repairman are so you can direct customers that have leaking holding tanks when they arrive at your park. All these Texans in Colorado made me do it.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote