Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
denandannie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11789
Help Me Take a Shower

I know that when connected to city water that using the pump is not necessary. However, I have found that when taking a shower, its impossible to generate enough pressure to make the rinsing procedure satisfactory. Thus, I have resorted to using the pump only when showering. Does anyone have a better solution for attaining water pressure when showering that does not include using the pump?

denandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by denandannie

I know that when connected to city water that using the pump is not necessary. However, I have found that when taking a shower, its impossible to generate enough pressure to make the rinsing procedure satisfactory. Thus, I have resorted to using the pump only when showering. Does anyone have a better solution for attaining water pressure when showering that does not include using the pump?
Dennis,
Based on a recommendation from this forum we purchased the Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerheads. It came in either chrome, brushed nickel or white. It works with lower water pressures and saves water. So, this is my recommendation too.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #3
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Exactly what John said.
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
On our unit I took the shower head apart and removed the water saver out of it. In fact I did it to all fixtures and now have much more pressure.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Ditto about John's suggestion: Oxygenics shower head. The campground where we're staying now has extremely low water pressure, but with our Oxygenics shower head, the problem was cured.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #6
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I would check your pressure regulator. We had just one of the ones you add in line on the hose and when we switched it over to the Montana we had very little pressure in the shower. I thought it was the water filter. But once I took the regulator off now have lots of pressure in the shower. Now I just have to find a pressure regulator that only works when the water pressure is over 50 lbs, course those ones are $80. We also switched over to one of the Oxygenic shower heads and hate it. The pressure and spray is ok but the angle of the head is what is the problem. To really use it you have to take it out of the holder and use it as a hand held. Also since it is such a heavy shower head it will not stay in place and wants to droop. I have tightened up the holder to no avail. Also it is hard to temporarily turn off and on. The on and off is just a in line valve you turn on the hose and if you got soapy hands its almost impossible. I would be interested in hearing what other type of shower heads folks are using. I have thought about running a short piece of pvc up and making it a permanent shower head attached to the wall. But for the OP if you have a pressure regulator, which it sounds like you do, I would remove it first.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #7
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
Another vote for the Oxygenics shower head.
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
Yet another vote for the Oxygenics shower head!
kylec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #9
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Just to support the pressure regulator theory ... if you are using one of those inline hose units, get one from a home improvement store made for your stick house. They flow way more water than the inline ones you buy at Wally World. Removing the water saver in the shower head improves the situation also.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Love the Oxygenic ! Should be original equipment
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #11
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
We also have the Oxygenics shower head also and it was a good investment and it works as advertised. I did have to modify the holder that is supplied with the head so it would stay in it's holder while under way. the Oxygenics shower head was desined more for the home use which you will see when you go to hook it up ( the coupler is for a stub-out in a home shower and that has the holder conected to it ).
but other than that it is great, along with a good after market water regulater.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
your right,water pressure is low on city water even without a regulator. I did what mudchief did,remove the flow restrictors,makes a difference
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
From the title of the thread I don't know if I want to answer this one or not! Taking a show can be very private! I have to agree with John on this one also. The Oxygenics Shower head is great! If you haven't taken your pressure regulator off and tried the shower without it on the city line try it and then if it does not improve the pressure then the flow restrictor would be the next thing I'd try, then final resort would be the Oxygenics Shower head. You don't say what year your rig is so as a fourth choice it could also have a closed valve somewhere in the system. The newer units have some type of shutoff valve,I think, that controls the water from the city hookup to the freshwater tank and for regular use. Mine's an older rig so I just fill my fresh water tank from the outside of the unit. This may also be the problem. It may be turned to the wrong position. See I gave you "multiple choice" and I hope it helps! Let us know what you come up with!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by racerjoe

your right,water pressure is low on city water even without a regulator. I did what mudchief did,remove the flow restrictors,makes a difference
Same for us. No need for the restrictors when the water pressure isn't worth bragging about anyway.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #15
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We were at a campground where the water pressure was very low. The simple solution for us was what the O/P stated. Simply run the water pressure up with the water pump. I filled the water tank completely up and used the water pump when we needed more water pressure. The water pump gave adequate pressure that was needed. I even left the pump on at times while the shore water was connected. Worked great wish I had thought of it before this weekend. Had we consistently had low water pressure I would probably look into what has been suggested but for an isolated incident this seemed to be the best solution for us.