Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #21
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by footloose

Has anyone used Good Sam Gold Extended Service Plan?

reply by Orv:
We have that plan, $200 deductible.
Orv, do you have any experience using it? If so, were you satisfied?
Thanks,
Dick and Sharon

footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #22
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
I waited for the factory warranty was up, 1 yr later which is disgusting in itself. All this money we spend on these things and only one year warranty...grrrrrrrrrr.

Ok now I ranted a bit lol. I bought the Good Sam warranty and it appears to be very good. Although I have been very lucky not to have used it yet. I am paying $357.00 per year and I feel thats a pretty good deal. But I also believe the premium is based on how old your unit is when you buy the warranty. Check it out, I think its a good deal.

Dave

Ok another thing that effects the price is the deductible. And I bought this exactly 1 year from date of purchase, and the rate has not changed as it has aged,!!
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:50 AM   #23
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

I waited for the factory warranty was up, 1 yr later which is disgusting in itself. All this money we spend on these things and only one year warranty...grrrrrrrrrr.

Ok now I ranted a bit lol. I bought the Good Sam warranty and it appears to be very good. Although I have been very lucky not to have used it yet. I am paying $357.00 per year and I feel thats a pretty good deal. But I also believe the premium is based on how old your unit is when you buy the warranty. Check it out, I think its a good deal.

Dave
I was quoted just a little less for my 2008 3400RL from GS, probably being as it is a year newer.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #24
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Look at update PSFORD, there is a change on my post.

Dave

Dave
I was quoted just a little less for my 2008 3400RL from GS, probably being as it is a year newer.
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 AM   #25
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:

Quote:

Has anyone used Good Sam Gold Extended Service Plan?

reply by Orv:
We have that plan, $200 deductible.
Orv, do you have any experience using it? If so, were you satisfied?
Thanks,
Dick and Sharon
Only had to use it once. Saved me $350.00. Would have been $550. My dealership really liked working with them because they don't beat around the bush; they really seem to understand the RVers plight when he has a breakdown. The dealership says that GS pays up quickly, no questions. All the dealer did was call them using my GS CSP card. In fact, they were supposed to call GS before beginning work but did it after the work was complete because I said "go ahead with the repairs." Our slideout mechanism had broken loose from the slideout and had to be re-welded.

Am I happy with the CSP? You bet!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #26
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442

[/quote]Am I happy with the CSP? You bet!
Orv
[/quote]

Thanks Orv for your endorsement of Good Sam extended warranty. It's great to have Montana community feedback.
Dick and Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote