Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2020, 05:42 PM   #1
Bob P

M.O.C. #26092
2016 375FL Question

We have a 2016 375 FL with the Samsung residential refer and we have never used the ice maker. Our dealership is located in a warm climate area and could not tell us how to properly winterize the ice maker therefore we never used it as we live in a very cold climate area in the winter. My question is how can we make ice and also how can I properly winterize it with RV antifreeze, TIA for any advice.
Bob P.

Bob P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:38 PM   #2
Neverhome
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18136
Bob,
I don't have an ice maker in my refrigerator so I bought a portable one at a big box store. It makes more than enough ice for a day, and you can make extra to store in your freezer. When my ice maker on my home unit went, it was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper just to get the portable one than have it replaced. Most of the seasonal campers at my Campground use the portables and I have not heard of any complaints. I will say that while I don't usually buy extended warranties, I did for this one as I have heard complaints they stop working after a year. Mine is on its third season, full time between home and camp and is still going strong.
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
Patrickdoran
Established Member

M.O.C. #26161
Re: 2016 375FL Question

Bob,

I have a 2020 377Fl and I have three valves for the icemaker in my residential refrigerator. One valve is inside under the sink that taps off the cold water supply. The second valve is under a plastic cover against the wall adjacent to refrigerator. This valve is another supply valve to the ice maker. The third valve is outside under the camper on the lowest point near the refrigerator. Another option is my manual also shows this drain valve outside the camper under the sink. This is a drain valve to drain the water supply line to the refrigerator in order to winterize. Not sure how your setup is in your camper, but I would start looking for valves going the fridge.
Patrickdoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:39 AM   #4
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Bob, I would strongly recommend you not put antifreeze in your ice maker. It'll be nearly impossible to get the taste out if you do. I just drain the line and then use air compressor to blow it out with about 40 psi. I've been in -7 degree temps and had no freeze up or problems doing it this way. Earlier this year, I installed an on demand pump and 4 gallon water bottle in my unit to use bottled water for the ice maker. Everything is inside now, so I just turned off the water supply under the sink and the exposed line under the kitchen slide has no water in it now. If you're interested, the link is https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ighlight=maker.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote