Originally posted by Lady RV
Rally Fees / Payment Method / Deadline
There have been many changes with Keystone, The Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds, & the MOC since last year's Rally . These all seemed a bit scary at first but now we are seeing everything fall into place. That, however, means some changes in the amount of the fees for the rally, how they are collected, & a payment deadline this year. They are outline below:
- When the new contracts were signed last year with the Fairgrounds to reserve our Rally dates & site prices for the next 4 years, the new Fairgrounds management required us to fall in line with the rest of the rallies held there as to how site payments are made. We are now REQUIRED to collect the site fees from our attendees, and to pay for them in one lump sum to the Fairgrounds prior to the start of the Rally. This payment will be done by the WM this year.
- Because of the above requirement, there will be a PAYMENT DEADLINE this year of SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 - no exceptions. There are TWO reasons for this:[list_to_fix]
- any unused sites must be released back to the Fairgrounds two weeks prior to the start of our rally
- the WM can't be expected to pay for someone's site out of his/her own pocket, & try to collect later.
- Also because of this, there will be no refunds of the site fees from the MOC for any reason after we pay the Fairgrounds - it will be up to you to try & get a refund from the 4H fairgrounds, just as in the past.
- Failure to pay your registration fees by the deadline will result in the cancellation of your registration.
- Because of the amount of each attendee's transaction, PayPal is charging the MOC a fee. That fee will be added to the Rally Fee.
- PayPal the Method of fee payment to the MOC. The WM will NOT accept personal checks (or payments of any kind) at the Rally. PayPal is a SECURE method of sending/transferring money via the Internet, despite what some people think.
- $70.00 - Rally Fee (includes PayPal fee & Rally T-shirts)
- $150.00 - Site Fee (9/25 - 10/2)
- Total Due via PayPal ('Donate' button @ top of Forum page by SEPTEMBER 1, 2013)
These changes may be a hard pill to swallow for some, but our hands are tied & are beyond our control. As stated above, this is how MOST other large rallies are handled, regardless of where they are held.
The MOC Fall National Rally is STILL one of, if not the most inexpensive Rallies going. The DEADLINE is the MAJOR change this year, and for very obvious reasons. We are about 5 weeks away from that, so there should be no problems with getting your fees to the MOC on time.
Again, please use the 'Donate
' button at the top of each forum page to submit your Rally fee. On the '(Your Name), please review your donation'
PayPal page, click on the '+ Add special instructions to the seller'
link and type in '2013 Rally Fee' in the text box so that we know what it is for. You will receive a payment confirmation and receipt via email.
The Rally Attendance list will be updated with 'Paid' in red next to each name as their fee is paid.
: if you plan on arriving at the fairgrounds early, you are responsible for making your own reservations and paying for them separately for the time spent at the fairgrounds PRIOR
to the start of the rally. Also, if you are NOT
on your assigned site when the rally starts, you will have to MOVE
. Check the site assignments later this month & try to get on YOUR site if arriving early