quote:Originally posted by Parrothead
I got 100% also. I agree with Ken, having driven in other states, these sound like California rules for the most part. Ken, what is the RV endorsement and what will it do for you?
I don't really know. Probably just more Kalifornia Bureaucratic BS.
Somebody posted about it several months ago. It was mentioned in those posts that you could be at risk if you didn’t have the endorsement in case of an accident.
Here’s the blurb from the Kalifornia DMV.
RECREATIONAL TRAILER ENDORSEMENT
A driver must have a fifth-wheel recreational trailer endorsement
added to his/her Class C driver license to pull a fifth-wheel recreational
trailer over 10,000 lbs., but not over 15,000 lbs. GVWR, which is
not used for hire. This endorsement is not required if the driver has a
Class A or Noncommercial Class A driver license.
• There is no fee unless your license expires within six months.
• You will take a law test for a noncommercial Class A license based
on the information contained in this booklet. You must also pass the
Class C law test unless you qualified for a Class C license within the
past twelve months.
• You are not required to submit a Health Questionnaire.
• You are not required to take a driving test to add a Recreational
Trailer endorsement to your current license.
• No other tests are required.