King Dome and Dish Network
I called King Dome support yesterday and they had me connected as soon as the check switch was completed. They sent me an email that I share with y'all. The support tech said to use the KD direct feeds into Sat1 and Sat2 and to not use the splitter/switches provided by dish.
Below is the content of the email:
Dish Network receiver setup with KD 9702 automatic
1) Start by turning on the receiver and the TV, The TV screen
should says Aquiring sat signal
2) Get into the POINT DISH SCREEN, most often this is done by
selecting 6 -1-1 on the DISH remote control
3) When in the point dish screen you will want to select PEAK
ANGLES, when in this screen WE NEED TO ALWAYS SET THE DISH RECEIVERS UP FOR DISH 300, this tells the receiver that there is ONLY 1 LNB inside that KD ( The LNB is the EYE of the satellite that sticks out from the dish itself)
4) After setting up for Dish 300, cancel out of that screen and
then select the CHECK SWITCH TAB
5) Within the Check switch tab you will see INSTALLED DEVICE, IF
it says ANYTHING other than Installed device: Unknown, than you need to run a CHECK SWITCH TEST to clear that switch box (If it says fewer
dishes than previously detected click save!)
6) After the test is run cancel out of that screen back into the
point Dish Screen, from here you should press the VIEW TV button on the remote control, this will take you back out to the MAIN screen that says Aquiring sat signal.
7) Now we would turn on the King Dome, start the searching wait
for it to finally go to a SOLID GREEN status light when this happens
AGAIN PRESS 6-1-1 at the bottom of the POINT DISH screen it will identify the satellite that you are currently on ie. WRONG SAT
---ECHOSTAR 61.5, if what is here is NOT the satellite that you want to be on then press view tv on the remote again and continue the search with the KD, continue this process until you find the desired satellite.