Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2022, 06:21 PM   #21
ledsky
Established Member

M.O.C. #27163
Thanks for the info. Ended up being a bad battery cable.

ledsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 07:19 AM   #22
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Fish View Post
Awesome.....let us know if it does the trick. I'll post a pick later of my wiring mod.
Yep, my issue was 2 fold. 5 yr old weak batteries (which I knew) but also the 30A supply breaker Keystone installed instead of the 50A breaker Lippert intended. Since the old batteries were getting weak, the voltage available would droop excessively during motor operation...ohms law (I=V/R) tells us that with less voltage available and resistance remaining constant, current must go up. More current through an already undersized breaker was the root cause of my breaker tripping.
The (2) 6V Trojan 105's in series are able to sustain their voltage better/longer during motor operation than the (2) 12V Interstate batteries in parallel were even when they were new, so the motors now draw less current than before.
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote