Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #121
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Call before leaving!

To all of you that are headed out on the road to campgrounds you have reservations at that were previously booked-- I would suggest you call before leaving home or your current campground. We have been down here in AZ since January and are staying put for now. We have been checking campgrounds on our route back to Nebraska and have found out many of them are open BUT they are not accepting any new arrivals whether you have reservations or not. Our campground here in AZ was open to new arrivals up to today but at 4 PM they have been closed to all new arrivals whether you have previously made reservations or not. Those of us that are here already can extend our stay BUT NO NEW ARRIVALS WILL BE ACCEPTED, PERIOD! They have closed everything except the laundry facility, and mailroom. If we need to talk to the office we need to call them prior to coming down to it. This is just a little advise to those that are planning on heading out. National, State and COE parks are closed and many of the private parks are also closed to new arrivals!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #122
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Our State and local governments need to start using some common sense rather than knee jerk over reactions based on fear and thinking they "have to do something".
RVers sheltering in place in a self contained full hook up RV park are no more dangerous than people living in apartment buildings. I'm sure they wouldn't force renters to leave their homes. Kicking seasonal and long term rvers out is just asking to spread this thing.

Just wonder, those that have been forced to leave their RV park and venture out into the jungle, where are you going?

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #123
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl View Post
Great response, everybody needs to do the right thing, not what just feels good for them!
Stay home if that makes you feel good. Just because others want, or need to find open rv parks doesn't mean they are endangering others. Living by the "rules of engagement" is more important than where one is staying.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:51 AM   #124
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I don't think forcing people already in a park to leave is a good idea. But closing parks or not allowing new people to check in to a park definitely will reduce long distance travel. And that is the goal; to stop/slow the travel of people from one area to another area, possible bringing in the virus from their area or getting the virus in that local area and taking it elsewhere.

Closing a park campground but still allowing park day use will allow locals to use it, but reduce people traveling much more than an hour away to that park. Honestly, if you lived in an area only lightly touched by the virus you would not want people from a heavily infected area traveling to your area, staying for an extended visit, and visiting your grocery stores, Walmarts, food service establishments, service stations, etc. and then moving on to a new area for a repeat.

It does put a burden on full timers though.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #125
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
Add Missouri to the list of Stay at Home orders.
Effective 4/6 12:01am - 12:01am 4/24
I suspect this could be a rolling order applied as needed.
2017 F450 DRW KR 4x4
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #126
Jester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25910
Personal freedom

One of the many things that has made this country great is we can travel wherever, when ever we choose.
People we do what ever they feel cause it’s a fundamental right .
I think the intent of this shut down was for all to stay wherever we were.
It makes people stop doing thing they have been doing all their life .
I can see that. The fact is, do what we feel is right and stop trying to convince everyone that you are right.
Just the thoughts of a mad man at work.
Safe travels to everyone.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #127
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by prndl View Post
What part of pandemic do you not get?
Maybe you need to re-read my post I do NOT agree with Boeing gong back to work in fact it is terrible.

Secondly No government has closed the outdoors, in fact it is encouraged in almost all states just practice distancing (this is why Day Use is allowed in almost all state and city parks. most parks are open, yes their gathering areas and playgrounds are off limits but the open spaces are open for business even here in Washington which is considered a Hotspot. Sounds like to me you are implying we should lock ourselves in our houses and keep the windows closed....

Self contained RVing should have not be considered high risk for the camper or the parks employees. It is 100-times riskier going to the grocery store.

I have worked from home for 25 years now I have been out off my property 3 times in 30 days 2 for grocery and 1 for RV parts and grocery, in fact in normal times it is mot unusual for me to leave once per week (thanks to USPS, UPS, and Fedex).

I guess we will have to disagree regarding Self contained camping being relatively safe for us and those around us especially in Rural areas.

By the way those rural areas not wanting campers can count on their small businesses going under as seasonal small business are the most vulnerable. It is interesting that church's can have parking lot services but you cannot park in your RV with 10 times the social distancing...

Again this is really an indoor virus where 99% of it is transmitted indoors or human contact, Not sure how you would contract it outdoors if practicing social distancing in your own RV or Campsite...

I am leaving the house for the 4th time in 30 days to go for a bike ride (e-bike) however according to many here that is a high risk activity.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:38 PM   #128
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMOTraveler View Post
Add Missouri to the list of Stay at Home orders.
Effective 4/6 12:01am - 12:01am 4/24
I suspect this could be a rolling order applied as needed.
Way too late. It takes 18-19 days on average to kill you if you are vulnerable. That means over 2000 deaths in MO alone by April 22/23.
Source: Worldometers.info data

Buckle up, It's going to be far worse the WH projection of 100,000 to 240,000 deaths.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:59 PM   #129
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Great response, everybody needs to do the right thing, not what just feels good for them!
We haven't been able to go anywhere since last April one year ago. I have been in and out of the hospital since lasr April 2019. I have been stricken with PMR and a blood infection that I got from the hospital. I am still not well and the camper sits in the back yard just waiting for us to take off and go somewhere. Hopefully all of this virus thing will pass and we all can get back to normal life styles.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:03 PM   #130
Jester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25910
Sorry to hear of your recent medical problems but look upon this time to rest and mend . When up finally do get out on the road it will be well worth the wait. Good luck to .
Old 04-04-2020, 10:30 PM   #131
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
Stay home if that makes you feel good. Just because others want, or need to find open rv parks doesn't mean they are endangering others. Living by the "rules of engagement" is more important than where one is staying.

When we are told by our governor to shelter in place and no unnecessary travel and when specific counties tell you not to enter them, ya know it doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand what and why they say these things. The smart person would understand and not run out to the nearest CG just because they can.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:32 PM   #132
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Maybe you need to re-read my post I do NOT agree with Boeing gong back to work in fact it is terrible.

Secondly No government has closed the outdoors, in fact it is encouraged in almost all states just practice distancing (this is why Day Use is allowed in almost all state and city parks. most parks are open, yes their gathering areas and playgrounds are off limits but the open spaces are open for business even here in Washington which is considered a Hotspot. Sounds like to me you are implying we should lock ourselves in our houses and keep the windows closed....

Self contained RVing should have not be considered high risk for the camper or the parks employees. It is 100-times riskier going to the grocery store.

I have worked from home for 25 years now I have been out off my property 3 times in 30 days 2 for grocery and 1 for RV parts and grocery, in fact in normal times it is mot unusual for me to leave once per week (thanks to USPS, UPS, and Fedex).

I guess we will have to disagree regarding Self contained camping being relatively safe for us and those around us especially in Rural areas.

By the way those rural areas not wanting campers can count on their small businesses going under as seasonal small business are the most vulnerable. It is interesting that church's can have parking lot services but you cannot park in your RV with 10 times the social distancing...

Again this is really an indoor virus where 99% of it is transmitted indoors or human contact, Not sure how you would contract it outdoors if practicing social distancing in your own RV or Campsite...

I am leaving the house for the 4th time in 30 days to go for a bike ride (e-bike) however according to many here that is a high risk activity.

Looks like you have all the answers.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:34 AM   #133
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Looks like you have all the answers.
I have opinions just like you do and people should respect them.

Seeing how there is a organized national petition to open RV campgrounds with thousands and thousands signed and growing it suggest it is at least a popular subject.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:24 AM   #134
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Hi,

It hurts my heart how ignorant people can be.

when you are traveling you are spreading the virus.
Especially when you want to support rural country sides the only thing you do is bringing them the virus.

there are good references if someone is in doubt and needs to educate himself:
https://www.wtxl.com/news/florida-ne...pring-breakers

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...g.cnn-business

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/stat...28347034767361

Good example Atlanta. It all startet in Atlanta and spread from there to the rural areas.

" Inside Georgia, cases were initially clustered mostly around metro Atlanta, with a few cases in other parts of the state, but have now spread to more than half of the state’s 159 counties."

As the infected counties in Atlanta were under stay home order very early you can see positive results in flattening and reversing some curves.
This is not yet happening outside of Atlanta.

So please think before you drive. Its our all responsibility

Mike

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:26 AM   #135
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
".....there is an organized national petition to open RV campgrounds with thousands and thousands signed and growing it suggest it is at least a popular subject......"

That petition is not worth the paper (or whatever form) that it's written on. If a state or local government decide that for your own and other's good that all public CGs and like have to be closed, that's what they have to do. The federal government can't, without declaring martial law, decree that these CGs and public places where people congregate, close (Constitution Amendment 10). They can only make recommendations. Those recommendations are not only for just your saftey, but others if you might possibly be a carrier of this affliction, COVID-19.

I have no clue what FTs can do but look for some other place if their CG is closing.

I'm really getting tired of people deciding that they are going to do whatever, be it taking your RV out, getting the usual group together and golfing, lazing on the beach or name your group.. You do NOT have any right or at least none that I could find in the US Constitution to take it upon yourselves to potentially carry COVID-19. One infected person, showing signs or not by CDC information, will infect at least two to three other people, preferrably not me, my wife or some other senior which we are

I also get real tired of people telling me that because they were in the military that they now have the 'right' to do whatever - just because they spent some time in uniform. I served - Army(Combat Engineer)/Reserves/Air National Guard. I refuse to throw that in someone's face, this being one of a couple times I have ever mentioned it on-line.

Get over it, and this isn't just to the great folks a MOC. This will pass. Your personal enjoyment theseext few months is not in the best interests of the USA and its great people. Just be smart and don't become another statistic on that list of COVID-!( victims.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:31 AM   #136
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Well, one positive thing coming out of all this mess, being stuck at home, and canceled our April campground reservations, also working form home, um.... the house is cleaner than it's ever been. Out of simple boredom, that toilet has been cleaned... how many times in one day??? The floor has been swept and mopped, how many times in a week????

Outside, the weather has been nice.. We live in the country ... um.... shoveling dirt, cleaned out the fire pit, unwinterized the camper, picked up tree branches and sticks from the yard in preparation to start mowing again, raking up last years leaves, burning trash, just, moving rocks and stones ... well ... I never got around to doing this until till now, since during "normal times" we're always camping somewhere!

I suppose theres lemon-aid somewhere in all this. Right?

Word of advise for everyone who is taken back by everything going on...

Look for the positives going on in your world around you. Are you surrounded by your loved-ones? Are you warm? Have a roof over your head? Safe? Can you still laugh when your kids make an insane comment? Is your health still good? Just the fact we are caught in a position where we are discouraged from travel and we are encouraged to practice social distancing, do you still go to bed at night and snuggle up behind your "significant other?" Do you still hug the dog. Does the dog still bring you his favorite throw toy and want to play fetch? Are you sill able to take a bath or shower every day, have clean laundry? Feel the sunshine? See the spring flowers popping through the earth. Hallalujah fuel prices are lowering!!!!!!!! even if we "shouldn't" be driving anywhere! I filled up yesterday. 12 gallons in gas cans for the lawn mowers, and 2 gallons in the run-around truck! It's the first time I put fuel in the run-around truck in 3 weeks!

I don't know about you, but our entire family (4 of us) are actually eating better, and I've actually lost about 10 pounds (Isn't that something to be grateful for!) I am now 100% work from home. So, I'm not eating breakfast in the company cafeteria every morning and lunch every noon. It's saving me about between $15-$20 a day! I think it's those biscuits and gravy every morning that's been packing the weight on. I actually feel better right now than I have in the last couple years!

Good things folks... focus on the good thing that surround you. Somehow, put all these fears and anxieties aside. We are all in this situation together. It is, what it is, we can't change it, we can't control others, we can all only do our own personal part, accept a new reality, and somehow look for the good around you. If you do, a lot of the fear and hyper anxiety everyone is experiencing will somehow find a proper balance again in your life.

If you are a person of faith, now is the time to draw strength from your faith and not what you are hearing from the media! Trust in that faith and look for the blessing that come from your faith, and you'll discover, even in the midst of all of this stuff going on ... life is still good!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:43 AM   #137
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
We must do what the DOCTORS and SCIENTIST tell us to do. They are the people who know. They have the experience and training to keep us as safe as possible.
Lynwood
Absolutely
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:46 AM   #138
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are at home the Montana is hooked up alongside the house and we are not going anywhere this summer.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:59 AM   #139
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Thanks Dutchman for that totally upbeat reply. We all tend to focus on the hassle and inconvenience of this pandemic forgetting all the blessings we still have. We are "stuck" in our daughter's back yard with our two grand children and her wonderful husband right near by. They are usually 1000 miles away when we are at home. We have full hook ups in a pine grove with a fire pit and picnic table. Could not think of a better place to be stranded. God is certainly good.

I'm sitting here attending our home church online in my pajamas eating breakfast. How good is that. We will come out of this and we will be stronger for it.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:14 AM   #140
Jester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25910
Smile

Quote:
When we are told by our governor to shelter in place and no unnecessary travel and when specific counties tell you not to enter them, ya know it doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand what and why they say these things. The smart person would understand and not run out to the nearest CG just because they can.
Amen to that.
But a person does need to be “smart” to understand that. The people that do stay in place want this to end and the people that go where ever don’t care if it does.
The same people will dam the system if they get it.
Wherever you are , I wish you good health.