Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We live in Ford Country and have many friends who work there or are retired. We purchase on the Ford friends and family plan that gives a healthy discount so we drive Fords.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #22
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Fast Rusty View Post
Ram is no longer part of Chrysler/fiat. It is a stand alone company now and although they look like Dodge and came from Dodge, they are no longer Dodge. With that said, all the new trucks should be good. They are fighting for bragging rights and from what I can tell from many friends with all three brands, they are all producing pretty good products currently. My last three trucks have been Ram. Before that I had a Ford. Never have owned a GM product, but my traveling partner has a GMC Denali which he loves.
Not true. Go to the Ram web site. At the bottom of the page you will see “FCA USA”. FCA = Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Ram is no longer a Dodge, but still a Fiat Chrysler product.
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
Not true. Go to the Ram web site. At the bottom of the page you will see “FCA USA”. FCA = Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Ram is no longer a Dodge, but still a Fiat Chrysler product.
Right on. The question is how long will FCA be around. It’s definitely up for sale. I think Ram will survive, Chrysler????
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:29 AM   #24
STIHLNTIME
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21339
I have owned diesels of all three major brands, my transmission failed in my Dodge as well, and after two front end rebuilds and it needing another one, along with dash coming apart, started buying the Chevy Duramaxs, never had an issue with the Chevy’s. Just bought a Ford, based on interior space and friends recommendations, couldn’t be more pleased. Have over 7000 miles of towing use on it and have not had any better truck. My next one will be a Ford as well, as long as they don’t mess with the power train.
Sailun 637 tires Predator 3500 (2) paralleled
STIHLNTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:44 AM   #25
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Right on. The question is how long will FCA be around. It’s definitely up for sale. I think Ram will survive, Chrysler????
Lynwood
Chrysler? FCA? The name might not, but the products will, with some variations as time goes by. Could a time come when PUs are no longer desirable? Maybe, but that day is a long, long way in the future. Until then, there is plenty of room for all 3 domestic brands, all of which are pretty good products.

The question is whether self-driving vehicles will fully take hold or not and if so then when that will happen. On that day the way people view cars and trucks will change forever. Style will no longer matter, form and function replacing it. We may no longer even own them anymore. Everything will be on-demand. You won't repair them or insure them either. That will fall on the mfr or operator of the vehicles. You just summon a vehicle and it does the rest. The Ford vs GM vs RAM debate at the consumer level will be over. The writing is on the wall.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #26
Jersey Devil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20374
I agree the ride on my new 2017 GM dually is unbelievable unloaded and loaded.
As a whole it’s a great truck and have hit 24.5 mpg best so far not towing.Average 18 around town and easily 22..24 on the run.
Jersey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #27
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
I owned an 04.5 ram Cummins. I opted for the
NV-5600 at the time. Now own a 17 longhorn 3500 with the aisin and love it. If you don’t want the ram maybe a Toyota would be better.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #28
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Back in 2004
My dealer said, “ you don’t want the automatic “..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote