Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #21
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
And I have to admit a good one at that! A really good one Dave!!
Bingo

bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #22
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
It seems like this year Kyle Busch has been doing more sideways driving than years past.
That is a funny one about Juan.
A few years ago my buddy Gene took me to my first nascar race for my birthday at MIS. I told him it would be nice if Edwards would cross the finish with JJ wrecking somewhere. LOL he wanted to take me back home right then. WELL wouldn't you know that was how the race ended. HAHAHAHAHA. Edwards crossed the finish line and JJ was spinning out in the infield.
Like I said it makes for GOOD racing between friends.

PS Bobby what parts of the world are you in now? Cause I am in your state for about a year for work at Charleston AFB.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #23
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Champ 49, that was funny. I don't care who you are, that was funny.

So all of us Big Three lovers are going to be very upset some day when the M&Ms car wins a cup. Then what, we all purchase a Tundra to tow these 5er's with? NOT ME. Love my Ford.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #24
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Ok I gotta do it!!

How many Nascar Drivers does it take to start a jet fuel fire.............Just Juan!!! LOL

It's a joke all!!!

Dave
Q) What are the odds of hitting a Jet Dryer at Daytona?

A) Juan in 42...
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
The way the jokes are starting I don't think he is going to live this down for a while.

These are funny, keep em coming.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #26
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
The jokes are good but, I'm sorry gang, I have not seen that guy do anything impressive. If he keeps pulling stunts like that how much longer is he going to be allowed to race? Especially, before he hurts himself or someone else really bad........or worse. JMHO.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #27
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
We can’t blame this one on good old Juan, as much as I would like to. This time it was a mechanical malfunction, broken truck arms (both); but that’s a Chevy for ya…just kidding all you bowtie lovers.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #28
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Jim I am at home rite now doing some dr stuff and working on the montana getting ready to go to tenn april first. I live a little over a hundred miles from charleston I was stationed there in the late 60s. 608 OMS worked on C-130s. I have done alot of hvac work there for alot of yrs we had a office there for awhile. theres alot of things to do there.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #29
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I'm glad Fords , Dodges , and Toyotas still race. It would be boring to watch the most winning Chevys race each other without obstacles. Hehehe!!! Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #30
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Not overly impressed with Juan either, in fact far from it. But I question one thing. Did Juan actually break something (which it appears) or did he in fact do the same thing Michael Waltrip did when he come off the apron to the race track and lose it? Just a thought. But as far as I am concerned whenever there is track work being performed or safety crews working you should be going by them at a very slow rate of speed. Nascar needs to address the fact of catching up to the pack while safety crews are on the track. Juan was going way to fast by that truck in my eyes. He's damn lucky he and the truck driver are even alive!!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #31
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
X2 on what Fire5er said, BUT I have to agree with more of what Champ_49 said. Especially when it comes to speed passing the safety crews.
For example, instead of them racing fast around the track to be at the back for the free pass or something else, why can't they just slow down and let everybody pass them up as they're pacing? That way now they are at the back without the speed. Unless that to confusing for the crowd in the stands. I hope that makes sense.
HOOK the way the 500 went I think it was the other way around. Look at JJ in LAP 2!

Bobby, I am parked at a KOA right on the flight line of the runway and see C-17s overhead all day long landing and taking off. Along with the normal airport traffic and the 787 dreamlifter bringing in parts for the new 787 dreamliner. Oh yea, and an occasional fighter jet or two. We have done some sightseeing but taking it slow since we will be here a while.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #32
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Not overly impressed with Juan either, in fact far from it. But I question one thing. Did Juan actually break something (which it appears) or did he in fact do the same thing Michael Waltrip did when he come off the apron to the race track and lose it? Just a thought. But as far as I am concerned whenever there is track work being performed or safety crews working you should be going by them at a very slow rate of speed. Nascar needs to address the fact of catching up to the pack while safety crews are on the track. Juan was going way to fast by that truck in my eyes. He's damn lucky he and the truck driver are even alive!!

Dave
I have the same opinion about Jaun as you... He did break at precisely the wrong time just as he was about to pass the Jet Dryer the rear wheels locked up. He was complaining about a bad vibration shortly before wrecking.

Bad timing yes but he was doing what he was supposed to do running against the yellow line and his spotter would have told him about the safety vehicles on the track.

The armchair quarterback in me says perhaps NASCAR should be looking at a speed limit while playing catchup under caution.

Another thing I noted was how Juan didn't give the Jet Dryer driver a glance when he walked away from his car.... He could have given the worker that wasn't wearing a HANNS device, helmet, in a racing seat that was mounted inside of a cage just a little bit of concern IMO.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #33
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by junglejim

For example, instead of them racing fast around the track to be at the back for the free pass or something else, why can't they just slow down and let everybody pass them up as they're pacing? That way now they are at the back without the speed. Unless that to confusing for the crowd in the stands. I hope that makes sense.
Good point but.... The cars are scored electronically so they need to cross the start finish line the same number of times as the lead lap cars. Plus the added advantage it would give them by saving a lap's worth of fuel plus a lap less wear & tear on the car. IMO
Old 03-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #34
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I would just like to see real cars race again not the "car of the future" as the France family calls them, cars with engines that come out of real cars not ones machined out of a 800 pound solid block of aluminum like what is in the cars now.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #35
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Tim, It was a suggestion because I enjoy watching racing but don't know the particulars and regulations of the sport.
And I also agree about Juan not checking on the worker he could have killed. That was IGNORANT! Yes Juan was in a bad crash but he had all that safety equipment and climbed out under his own power(did ot seem hurt). That worker probably didn't have much more than a seat belt on.
Lynwood, are talking about like when the 500 started and they raced on the beach? That would be wild to see them pull cars off the assembly line, put them on the track and HAMMER DOWN! That would definitly be true racing between the Big 4(toyota with a camry?).
Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #36
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
The car of the present is now what it is. Truly a safe machine but its not full proof. And trust me these guys know it. All of them have seen the bad wrecks and been through them. They know the danger but in all reality thats what its all about. The unknown, the butterflies, the anticipation, and of course the glory of winning and participating. When you get behind the wheel and get on that track you are in your own world, doing what you love to do and wanting to be the best you can be on that day.

The cars and the tracks continue to gain in safety as time goes on, and this deal with Juan will be addressed you can rest assured. They will not tolerate this happening as it puts a black eye on Nascar. I just hope they do the right thing.

Sorry I got off the subject here a bit, but my passion has always been racing, and its been from the seat of the race car to the owning and building of my own cars. Its a passion that is relentless and pulls you right in. After 31 yrs and several championships I can say I did it my way with a great big huge smile. Do I miss it now? I sure do, but the cost factor is what drove me out when I did get out just a few short yrs. ago. But the love is still there!!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote