Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bingo, like Rich, we run an adjustable regulator. In our 3295RK, 57 psi was as high as I could run without flush water shooting out of the toilet (the older Thetford) (that's the place to check for your pressure limit). In this 3400 with the SeaLand toilet the pressure is set at 60 psi and everything works well. Of course, some parks won't reach beyond 45 psi anyhow but many will.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:31 AM   #22
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Steve,
When I took the handle apart, the handle end white piece was taken out with the help of a sharp knife (the restrictor is behind the first white plastic piece.) Didn't help mine but with 60 psi, could very well help yours. I will definitely be looking at an adjustable pressure regulator, Richfaa had mentioned the high flow ones, the ones I saw at CW are still set at 40-50 psi though. Looks like a visit to Lowes or Home Depot is in store. Think I can get by with a regulator setup as a Mother's Day gift??????
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Bingo. Soon as I send this post I'll go take the restrictor out of ours.

CW does have an adjustable regulator. I used to have theirs. If I recall it was adjustable to something like 120psi. Maybe not that high but plenty for rv use. It was located in CW with the other water hoses and regulators. It is in a relatively small, plain brown cardboard box. Very easy to overlook. It was about $40. The one I have now I got at Lowe's or Home Depot. On this one I had to add the hose adapters, also available at the same store. Both work fine. Neither have a gauge so get yourself an inline gauge at CW. I mounted the gauge at the inlet in the hookup center but anywhere after the regulator is fine.

on edit -- I removed the restrictor and it made a definite difference in pressure. It was easy to get that first plastic piece out once i realized there is a flat spot on the edge and a small screwdriver pulls it right out. Thanks!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #24
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
We had a low water pressure problem in our 05 3670. We also had a very noisy pump that ran most of the time. When the dealer tour into it he found the water line crushed between the frame and floor. He could not understand how we had any water at all. After cutting and splicing the line, we have had excellant pressure and normal operation of the pump. All caused by Keystone's lack of quality control
Heli 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #25
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
We had a low water pressure problem in our 05 3670. We also had a very noisy pump that ran most of the time. When the dealer tour into it he found the water line crushed between the frame and floor. He could not understand how we had any water at all. After cutting and splicing the line, we have had excellant pressure and normal operation of the pump. All caused by Keystone's lack of quality control
Heli 190 is offline   Reply With Quote