Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Product Knowledge has room for improvement

A disquieting discovery while having some warranty items addressed. One of our tail lights on our 07 3000RK has a small crack around one of the retaining screws. This could prevent it from passing VA state inspection (not all mechanics look real close at things) Dealer ordered a replacement lens under warranty and it came in last week....sort of. Our rear light cover has a rectangular white lens in the lower half of the assembly. I guess this is for "back up" light although I don't think the barman plug sends the reverse signal and there is no bulb located behind the lens.

Well, never fear the replacement lens arrived and is identical except the rectangular lens on the "new" lens is red. Dealer called and talked to Team Montanna and they informed him that all tail light lens have teh red rectangle and they have never seen a white lens there. It must have been an "after Market add-on". The dealer might have switched it out but that doesn't really make sense since the white lens does not perform any useful function anyway.

Dealer is buying a second "red" lens out of pocket so he can install both on my unit and not have a mis match for my lights. I am curious if anyone else has the "after market taillights" with a white lens in them.

Bill

Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:40 AM   #2
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
On my 07 3400 both tail lights are red including the little rectangular section. Maybe this is another Montana supply availability switch like the refrigerator door and the awing.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:27 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bill,

Your factory tailights with the white lenses would be truly unusual. I broke a lens on my 2003, and those Chevy/GMC tailights [circa 1970-1988] are available everywhere online and overcounter, but they all have the reverse light. I ended up having to order the correct tailight through the Dealer.

I would think it was an error, or somewhere between factory and delivery one of the tailights was broken and they were both replaced through the local NAPA or Checker parts house
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote