Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
sbwi3288

M.O.C. #19704
RV refrigerator conversion

I am strongly considering converting my absorption RV refrigerator to a DC compressor refrigerator mainly the one that's made by JC refrigeration. Best will convert my RV refrigerator to be more like a residential refrigerator giving me better performance where I don't have to worry about it fluctuating between weather conditions and maybe even possibly catching on fire has anyone else converted their RV refrigerator to either a DC compressor are AC compressor and what has been your experience with them

sbwi3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Take a look at Youtube channel Morton's on the Move. Tom converted his RV fridge last year. There are a couple of how-to as well as a followup post conversion video. I have not personally decided on the route I will take yet but converting is probably the easier then trying to find a counter depth residential fridge that fits the space without too much modification. I has no idea how much of an energy hog the RV fridges were.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:30 AM   #3
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
We considered it, but the cost difference per square foot of fridge space between the Norcold to the resedentual and needing to remove the fridge anyway to convert it. We went with a fridgidare and were going to sell the 1210 next season here in florida. The Florida heat in the summer is too much for the norcold and full timing, so out it went.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator conversion