Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
Rogueknight
Established Member

M.O.C. #31462
Stereo help

Ok writing this again. It times out and logs me out before I finish.
Ok so found out the Henson awm970 DVD player isn’t working.
So I am lookin for a replacement.
Most brands I am familiar with don’t make a Rv. Wall unit.

So I liked the jenson jwm62a. And would have purchased it already except it doesn’t have hdmi who’s is a must have for me so I can have a Blu-ray player. But it did have app controls which I liked.

Then I looked at furrion. Dv1230-Bo. I love the independent zone control. It has hdmi. Which I need. However it does not have app controls which I would really like.

Then I looked at irv32. It does not have independent zone control but it does have app control and hdmi. But I know nothing of the brand.

I know I will not buy Pyle or boss systems this are some of the worst brands I have ever seen.

So any advice would help and love to hear your experiences.
I would like to get a new one on order soon.

Rogueknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:54 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogueknight View Post
Ok writing this again. It times out and logs me out before I finish.....
I am no help on the stereo but the logging out sounds like you didn't check the "Remember Me" box on the Logon screen.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
No help on the stereo, but I have the same problem with log-in, if I take too long to respond when writing on a thread.

I found out if you time out, simply click on the log in link again. Go to the next screen and log back in. The system will take to an information page and (for me), the screen goes blank and nothing happens. When that happens, I hit the browser back-button, and back up to the message I just attempted typing. It still there, but now I am logged in. Simply submit the new message.

And yes, I have the "remember me" box clicked. It remember my user ID and password, but I still have to log in again.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:10 PM   #4
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
My Monte has the iRV unit. I can’t remember if it has an HDMI or not but it does have speaker zone control. I changed the TV to a Samsung smart TV and I use a Bose Solo speaker bar behind the TV…I do not use the OEM speakers for TV sound.

Long story short - the radio is a piece of junk and without an external (roof or sidewall mounted) antenna you will only be able to pick up a very few strong local FM stations and likely ZERO AM stations. The roll-up ribbon antenna is worthless IMHO. I do use the iRV unit to play DVDs from time to time and it works fine -so it must have an HDMI connection. The iRV unit may be what you need to control the speaker zones - but don’t set your expectations very high for anything else.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:44 PM   #5
Rogueknight
Established Member

M.O.C. #31462
Thanks. I do have a roof antenna I have to crank up in the bedroom. I will mostly play music from phone in iPad. Most my movies re Blu-ray which is why hdmi input is important. I have a Sony tv. Tbh would have ordered the Jensen already if it had hdmi. But that’s a deal breaker with me. I am really leaning towards the furrion mostly due to the two independent ones. So Inside could play one thing like my granddaughter’s watching Disney and I could be outside listening to music not having to hear the movie as the only option. Just ordered all new Polk marine ker for the Rv so they will l be the same. The previous owners loved the speakers and I didn’t have the heart to tell them they were worn out and sounded bad lol. Up then I have bowers and Wilkins in my house. But they need a lot more power and I would have to run all new wires.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogueknight View Post
Thanks. I do have a roof antenna I have to crank up in the bedroom.....
That is for the OTA TV antenna. I don't recall any connections to the radio from it.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
What Carl said ...
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #8
Rogueknight
Established Member

M.O.C. #31462
Strange they wouldn’t make it for both which is what I figured they would do
Old 10-03-2022, 03:35 PM   #9
Rogueknight
Established Member

M.O.C. #31462
FYI I found out the furrion does have app controls after all so it had everything I wanted except Blu-ray but I can add a blue ray with the hdmi,
Old 10-03-2022, 03:36 PM   #10
Rogueknight
Established Member

M.O.C. #31462
I also purchased 8 Polk marine speakers and will replace all the speakers
Old 10-03-2022, 04:17 PM   #11
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
My iRV unit plays blue ray DVDs and I have a phone app to control it.
And as long as I want to listen to AM radio static - it works just fine.
I bought a cheap car antenna at Walmart and mounted it behind the TV in hopes I could pick up some of the stronger AM talk stations out of Austin (I am 35 miles from center of Austin) but the antenna did not help. FM reception is marginally better. I can get KNCT 91.5 elevator music out of Belton/Killeen. If I had a roof mounted car antenna it might work for me but I am not going to punch a hole in my roof. We have a portable that we use to listen to talk radio.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:45 AM   #12
Rogueknight
Established Member

M.O.C. #31462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
My iRV unit plays blue ray DVDs and I have a phone app to control it.
And as long as I want to listen to AM radio static - it works just fine.
I bought a cheap car antenna at Walmart and mounted it behind the TV in hopes I could pick up some of the stronger AM talk stations out of Austin (I am 35 miles from center of Austin) but the antenna did not help. FM reception is marginally better. I can get KNCT 91.5 elevator music out of Belton/Killeen. If I had a roof mounted car antenna it might work for me but I am not going to punch a hole in my roof. We have a portable that we use to listen to talk radio.
I started to look into adding an antenna but then I realized I can’t even remember the last time I listed to radio. I listen to xm and Apple Music and my own library I don’t even watch local tv I got rid of satellite and although I do have digital antenna for my TVs at home I haven’t used them since I installed and tested them. So for me it would be an upgrade just to have a capability that I probably would never use. Seemed kinda pointless

What was more important to me was ability to use my phone or iPad, play dvd and blue Ray and really that’s it.
The furrion seemed to give me all that or at least the ability to have all that by adding a Blu-ray player with hdmi. And I actually have several old one from upgrades because I added 3d or 4K or got one with the best audio output for my home stereo. The old players worked fine and now sit in a box lol.
I am more the movie buff than audiophile