Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Brakes continued

Recently I wrote a note about not having brakes on my way home from Elkart. I stated that the emergency pin had been pulled accidently while we were traveling around Chicago to Elkart and nothing happened. Well, today and a few bucks shorter I had the brakes checked and we found that the rough roads around (I80/90) Chicago had dislodged the main brake wire from its connection and therefore the brakes wern't working nor was the emergency pin even when it was pulled. The repairman stated that Montana tried to stuff the wires up into the housing and the movement of the axles up and down on the rough road dislodged the wire from the rest of the assembly. He pulled extra wire from the housing so any further movement of the axles(which the wires are taped on) will not pull the wire out of the multiple connection. You might want to check your brake wires to see if there is adequate clearance for axle movement up and down. This was a new one for me. The brake pads and electric coils were good. Gee its nice to have brakes again.

ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Glad to hear, it's all working now.
No damage done. good idea to check the length of the wires.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ken, that is great that you have brakes now. I will check mine. Your brakes and Brad's must have been done by the same person in the factory.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ken..Good info..Will take a look..That kind of info is what this forum is all about..allows us to possibly prevent a trouble before it happens..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote