Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Andy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5871
Switching back to Direct TV

I had been using Direct TV. While at the Rally last fall a buddy made some changes so that I could bring in local channels with the antenna. When we were ready to leave he had forgot what he had done. Daa! Can anyone tell me with what I have to do to change it back for Direct RV? Thanks!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
First, make sure your antenna booster is off (no green light). Then on the TV itself, go to the menu function and change the setting from TV to cable. If that does not work, let us know.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Bingo's suggestions are right on, but assumes that none of the physical connections were messed with since your buddy did not need to mess with the connections and hopefully the buddy knew this. While there is only one booster button to turn off (hopefully you know its location), the TV changes to Cable need to occur on both TVs.

Btw - It might be a typo, but Direct RV is a great term for using DirecTV in an RV. I'm gonna have to remember that one for all my DirecTV friends who mess with their satellite setups for their RVs. I use Dish TV so I guess I use Dish RV with my Monty. Very clever! I guess these would be classified as "Sniglets"; any one remember that term from an HBO comedy show featuring Rich Hall?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote