Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
Fish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22281
Full Time: Fifth Wheel vs. Diesel Pusher

I had a hard time picking a forum to put this in and I chose this one.

Anyone here come from a diesel pusher to a fifth wheel? Pros and cons?

We bought our Montana High Country with the intention of living in it when the house sold. 2 years later and haven't even put the house up for sale yet but it's coming. So far I've lived in it most of 2 years for work, coming home on weekends. It's fine, nothing wrong with my experience. Also we took it to Florida last winter and spent a few months.

My Dad bought a diesel pusher, a 2007 Monaco Camelot 42pdq with 43,000 miles. He died last year and it's sat. Some thieves stole the batteries out of it and I've been working on it for Mom so she can sell it. I have other things to do to it since it's been sitting. I'm kind of in a time bind with it because we're leaving for Florida in 2 weeks.

Anyway the longer I spend around it the more I want it. It seems so easy to just pull in a rest area, walk to the back and go to bed. This is impossible with my Montana and the MorRyde steps, it's obvious I've settled in when I drop them out. Also always scared someone will pull too close to me and run over them. Also could just stop and use my own bathroom instead of walking into the rest area with a motorhome.

I've got 3 campground sites reserved for our upcoming Florida trip just in getting there. Clarksville Tn, Cartersville GA, and Lake City FL, then on to our yearly lease. I figure motorhome would negate that unless I just chose to do it.

I realize I've put a lot of words out here and said very little. But I'd like people's experiences and opinions.