Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
C-Betr side view mirrors

I had these on my shopping list since I first heard about them from an MOC member (don't remember whom, but I hope you know who you are).

I finally ordered a pair, received them yesterday and installed them.

If you are looking for some custom fit ($43), outstanding visibility mirrors for your Ford Superduty (1999-2007 and will only work with the big extendable side mirrors with oval shaped cross section arms), then I would recommend these.

They weren't that hard to install and are held on very snugly with screws and nuts and the visibility is outstanding. I haven't towed with these yet, but I can see way down and way up as well as right next to my truck (no blindspot). The mirror is large enough that the convex view is not as distorted like smaller mirrors of this type.

The only drawback is that folding mirrors back into the truck would require me to extend the mirrors, loosen each C-Betr mounting screw, then sliding the mirror further out. Since this is too much of a hassle, I will probably park where I can avoid the folding.

If you are curious or interested, here's the link:

http://qwks.com/C-Betr-Mirror-Set-p-3.html

Thanks, MOC.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Were you having problems with the stock mirrors? No blind spots re ours.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
I had the mirrors on my 2007 F350. They worked great. They allowed me to see a lot more area than the stock mirrors did. The C-Betr mirrors will slide on the mirror rails if you have mirrors you can pull out and push in.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Jay Bird. I just found out how that worked.

I got a call from the head guy at Q-Works (the company that sells them). He said not to follow the instructions that states to put some rubberized tape on the inside of the brackets where they clamp onto the arms, because this prevents the ability to slide them along the mirror arms. So following his recommendation, I just removed the tape and now I can slide them out to fold the mirrors in easily if the need arises.

I had blindspots especially when merging or changing lanes and there is a car right next to me. These mirrors easily eliminate blindspots and vastly improve visibility. Now I gotta stop myself from looking so much since there is so much more to see back there and I really should be mostly looking forward. I don't know how they drive in other places but I do a lot of driving in So. California and the drivers out here are real idiots when driving around bigger rigs (trucks, anybody with a trailer, etc.) and they will try and squeeze in wherever they can even when it's a BAD idea just to get that much farther down the road even trying to steal my lane change - it's real stupid to watch. These mirrors will help me spot these idiots better.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
I also had them on my 2006 F350 SRW and they were so GREAT that I purchased them for my buddy that had a 2005 F350 for Christmas. But now that we have the 2011 F350 DRW the new stock mirrors do not need them.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Seems that we can always use a little more help keeping track of those less-than-watchful drivers who want to race in and out of traffic.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote