Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2020, 01:27 PM   #1
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
Questions about warranty

Early September we bought a 2021 Montana. We had problems with the jacks bleeding down if one side or end was extended more than the other. It has been in the shop three times now and basically the same diagnosis, air in the system. Is there a number I can call to get some direction in getting this problem taken care of.
Thanks for your help

jeepman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
What's the dealer doing? Who is it? Keystone can't fix it for the dealer but I would certainly be taking the dealer to task....strenuously. They either aren't bleeding the lines correctly or there is an air leak which they should have found sounds like to me.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #3
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
Early September we bought a 2021 Montana. We had problems with the jacks bleeding down if one side or end was extended more than the other. It has been in the shop three times now and basically the same diagnosis, air in the system. Is there a number I can call to get some direction in getting this problem taken care of.
Thanks for your help
Sorry to hear your issues aren't getting resolved.
Try this - https://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

hth
Brad
Old 12-31-2020, 05:03 PM   #4
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
Thanks for the replies. I have had the unit at the dealer since October 14th. As usual they are moving at the speed of cold molasses. There are several items that i had on a to do list. My last fifth wheel was a Forest River product and while I had to arm wrestle the dealership to get things done Forest River was always very helpful. I would like a good contact if I get to the point that I need to move on. One of the problems I am having is the jacks bleeding down if I am not on level ground. If one side needs to be lifted more than the other side it will settle over night. It has been in three times and always the same diagnosis... air in the system, bled and all is good. Also my steps don't stay upright tight and hit against the screen door. Any good fix suggestions?

Thanks
Jim
Old 01-01-2021, 05:08 AM   #5
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Jim, are you talking about the steps hitting the screen door when they are put up inside the rig? If so, I had to put a felt pad on the little brace on the right hand side to take up the slack between the steps and screen door. If the rig is even slightly off level side to side, my steps lean to the door side and make closing the door very tight. I have to hold them up while slowly closing the door. I found some felt pads at Home Depot like you put on the feet of chairs or furniture to take up some of the space and keep them from flopping in the frame.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:39 AM   #6
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
That’s exactly what I am dealing with. The steps on the Lippert site have a latch that secures them in the door frame. I watched a recent review the owner was having the same problem and called MorRyde and purchased a latch for his steps.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:27 PM   #7
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
That’s exactly what I am dealing with. The steps on the Lippert site have a latch that secures them in the door frame. I watched a recent review the owner was having the same problem and called MorRyde and purchased a latch for his steps.
Sorry about your problems. You are finding out what most of us know. The warranty is only as good as the dealer; nuff said. You have to be able to fix a lot of this stuff on your own.

Keystone owner relations might help, but they don't have much pull with the dealers (or are not willing to use it); anyway, worth a call. 866-425-4369

Nothing to add on the jacks that has not already been said; there is a leak somewhere.

Do you have the easy up steps with the assist strut? Mine did not come with that kit, but I added it. Instructions were to remove the original latching mechanism and let the strut hold the steps up in place. At first I did that, but was not happy with the results. I put the latching mechanism back on; works great. If your unit came with the assist kit, you won't have that latch; probably have to buy it.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:16 PM   #8
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
Thanks for the reply Scott’s. Time will tell but I am confident it will be resolved.