Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
Gertrude
Established Member

M.O.C. #27376
Kitchen Faucet replacement ?

Hi All,
I recently purchased and am living in my 2007 3600RE.
The Kitchen faucet will not swing from one side of the sink to the other.
I started checking it out, and was able to "lift" the upper section up from the base mount.
Upon lifting the upper section, I noticed 2 small screws fall out from the "internals" of the faucet housing... so something has obviously come apart inside.
it would be nice if I can take it apart and hopelly "Fix" whatever is wrong, by simply replaceing the screws, but I have the feeling that a replacement faucet is probably going to be necessary.

Have any of you run into a problem with your faucet not swinging from one side of the sink to the other side ?

if so, were you able to repair the original faucet ? or did you have to replace the entire faucet?

and if you ended up replacing the faucet, could you please share what brand/model of faucet you replaced it with ?

Thanks for any replies,
Cheers
Ron

Old 12-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Not sure what your faucet looks like, but even though many say the RV faucets are too cheap, we have have excellent service from the Dura brand faucets in our rig. This is from the RV faucet site that sells Dura faucets and there are a few pages of faucets shown and they are available in many finishes. http://www.rvfaucet.com/kitchen-fauc...selling&page=1
They also have replacement parts on this site.

Many times you can get replacement faucets from Lowes and Home Depot and others that will work just as well. I just replaced our shower faucet, got it from rvfaucet.com because the style faucet wasn't available from the big box stores.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
Gertrude
Established Member

M.O.C. #27376
Thank you for your helpful reply and the link. I'll check that out.
I have not yet removed the faucet from the sink, but it is a single hole faucet with only one lever for flow rate and hot/cold. It does have the pull out head with the flex line, and it is bronze in color.

I'm not sure how to post pics to give you a better idea of what it is, sorry about that.

How can I determine what brand/model this faucet is ?
So far, I can not see/find any brand name on it.

if I do end up replacing it, I don't mind if I have to get a different style,...
... as long as it is a single hole type mount.
The countertop does not have enough space to have a large plate, like what is commonly used when mounting a faucet on a sink that was originally a "3 hole" configuration.
(I hope that makes sense).
Old 12-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
We replaced ours with one from Home Depot.
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We replace the one in our HC with one from the local hardware store.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:56 PM   #6
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
Thank you for your helpful reply and the link. I'll check that out.
I have not yet removed the faucet from the sink, but it is a single hole faucet with only one lever for flow rate and hot/cold. It does have the pull out head with the flex line, and it is bronze in color.

I'm not sure how to post pics to give you a better idea of what it is, sorry about that.

How can I determine what brand/model this faucet is ?
So far, I can not see/find any brand name on it.

if I do end up replacing it, I don't mind if I have to get a different style,...
... as long as it is a single hole type mount.
The countertop does not have enough space to have a large plate, like what is commonly used when mounting a faucet on a sink that was originally a "3 hole" configuration.
(I hope that makes sense).

Sounds like this faucet would work. The bottom plate is not needed and the bronze color is available. At the link, select Options and then Venetian Bronze. http://www.rvfaucet.com/pull-out-rv-...al-deck-plate/
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #7
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
You are not stuck with a single hole faucet. Get a faucet you like. Drilling additional holes in my counter top was not a big deal. Wife liked a Price Phister with a separate sprayer so that's what I installed. Used a regular paddle drill bit to make the hole. Used blue painters tape on the surface to avoid splintering.