Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Issue with Draining Holding Tanks

I have a 2018 3721RL which was purchased in Oct 2018. The first time I had the trailer out I had an issue with draining the black tank. Realizing just for a 2 night trip the tank didn't have that much contents, it did not drain thus I took it back in and they supposedly fixed it with no explanation. Through time through the year I have finally realized to get a good drain from the black tank, I have to raise the front end upwards to 1.2" plush inches then it drains good.

As anyone else experienced such? I would have thought the tanks would have been installed to properly drain when the trailer is level. All other fifth-wheels we have owned drained at a level position. I have just accepted the fact now to raise the front when I drain the tanks, even though it doesn't make sense why I should.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote