Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Bed footboard anyone?

We just can't keep the dadgummed cover on the bed at night. By morning, half the comforter and electric blanket is on the floor at the foot of the bed. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking a temporary footboard would solve the problem....one that will either fold down under the mattress or remove and store in the basement. What ya think?

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
You might consider one of those temporary rails they use for children's beds to keep them from rolling off at night. They are light weight and just slip under the edge of the mattress to keep it in place. You could just fold it and place it under the bed when not needed.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Have you tries flannel sheets and duvea cover? warning do not wear flannel PJ's in this set up its almost like velcrow.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We have the same problem, but in our case it is our lab who, like Firehouse Dog, likes to cover up when sleeping at the foot of our bed.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #5
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
We find that Not using the comforter that came from Montana, works for us.
We use another one from home. When we decide to trade or sell, we will use the original for show.

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snfexpress

We have the same problem, but in our case it is our lab who, like Firehouse Dog, likes to cover up when sleeping at the foot of our bed.
Yep, I've turned the dog a flip more than once when I pulled the covers up.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We also put the original equipment comforter in a nice storage box at home, and bought a quilt from JC Penny that mostly stays on the bed. Cozy!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:26 AM   #8
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
My only concern is you would certainly have to remember to remove it before closing the slides as there might not be enough room between it and the dresser and cause some damage. My problem is similar but differant, we don't lose the sheets or blankets. We lose the mattress itself. However we sleep at night it pushes the mattress down away from the headboard and leaves a good size gap between the headboard and the mattress which swallows the pillows. I have been trying to figure out how to secure the mattress to the platform.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #9
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
How about trying some of that non skid shelf liner under the mattress. It might work!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #10
Lee F.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10754
We just use the OEM comforter as a bed spread. We use a top sheet and regular blanket at night with no problems.
Lee F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #11
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Like Lambchop, we stored the OEM bedspread. Bought a comforter and have no problems at all. Am wondering why others do. Guess we're just lucky. Still planning on changing out the mattress, just haven't got around to it yet -- maybe we'll be complaining then . . .
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
We too changed the spread from the OEM to a JC Penney, but I can sleep in the bed by myself without any problem, but when we both in bed, that's a different. Someone else is a thrasher and there goes the spread and everything else. So in conclusion it just might be how different folks sleep.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

We just can't keep the dadgummed cover on the bed at night. By morning, half the comforter and electric blanket is on the floor at the foot of the bed. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking a temporary footboard would solve the problem....one that will either fold down under the mattress or remove and store in the basement. What ya think?
Will, we don't have that problem, we've replaced the OEM bedspread with a real nice down comforter and duvet that don't tuck under.

Have you considered maybe taping your feet together?...gray tape might do the trick.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:

Will, we don't have that problem, we've replaced the OEM bedspread with a real nice down comforter and duvet that don't tuck under.

Have you considered maybe taping your feet together?...gray tape might do the trick.
Can't let DW see that...I actually usually have my feet hang off the end of the bed. We don't have a headboard, and those dang curtain brackets stick out a couple inches over the bed. We also put the OEM cover in storage. Have a nice comforter, not sure if it is down or not. I do know it is "down" on the floor every morning. I'm leaning toward some type of footboard, as we only travel maybe once a year. We looked for one of those side rails for children, but have yet to find one. Guess I'll just keep tuggin for a while.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We have an electric blanket under the OEM bedspread and do not have any problems as stated. I think between the blanket and bedspread there is a "velcro like effect". Not even our 80lb lab and 17 lb cat disturb the covers at night.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #16
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
We don't use the cover that came with the Montana. Bough a kingsize comforter for the queen size and it works great and keeps us nice and warm. We also replaced the original mattress with a new mattress, the regular queen size, but when you pull in the slide it gives enough to not be a problem. It is a memory foam type with no springs in it.
Quote:

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote