Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
No hot water pressure

I have no water coming out from the hot water side.I assume it is a blockage from a check valve.My question is do I disconnect the water line on the top or the bottom of the hot water tank to check the valve for blockage or anywhere else? I've tried all the faucets and no water so I assume the blockage is at the beginning.Has anybody had this happen to them?

garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I just changed my HW backflow valve because of the same problem. The valve is the one on the top. I had to go to a RV parts store to find a replacement. I bought two and now have a spare. Be careful taking the plastic fitting off as there is a cone washer that may be destroyed. I had to buy new cone washers also.....To check that this is the problem, I took the guts out of the valve and reinstalled it and the water flowed, hence I changed the valve out.......The hardest part was getting the false panel out of the HW heater compartment. Of course with your model, I don't know how you access the HW heater. Should be an easy replacement.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I bought a brass check valve at Lowes and installed it and did away with the plastic one that comes with the RV.

I also had to get a brass close nipple since the new one is female and the one that I removed was male. This one will last the life of the unit and it has a cleanout in the top.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Thanks again for the help,you guys are great!I'm still puzzled how black water could possible get into the water system.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
what do you mean by "black water"
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:39 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Check valve with a clean out on top of it? I really suspect you have a flapper type check, and that is the opening where the disc is inserted into the valve. Not sure I would have used that particular valve in this application, as it is probably not spring loaded. If you don't have to winterize the rig, just take the guts out of the old check valve.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote