Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
kansascamper

M.O.C. #23705
Just purchased a 2009 Montana Mountaineer 345DBQ

We just purchased a 2009 Montana Mountaineer 345DBQ in excellent condition. It has been shedded it's whole life. We are excited to get camping here in the next month!

I have a few questions. I notice in the 2009 literature there is mountaineer value package and a moving to montana package. How do I know which package I have? It appears I have things from both packages. Is it possible to have both?

Also the specs I read tells me I have a 38 gallon black tank, but there are two black tank dumps and valves. Do I have two 38 gallon black tanks, 1 for each bathroom? Do I have multiple gray tanks as well?

Thanks and look forward to this forum!

kansascamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Every site that shows that rig only shows one black tank, but I think there are two baths, so I suspect they both drain to one tank. This is the specs that all the sites show for this rig:

Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks: 1
Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity (GAL/L): 67 / 253.6
Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks: 1
Total Gray Water Tank Capacity (GAL/L): 76 / 287.7
Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks: 1
Total Black Water Tank Capacity (GAL/L): 38 / 143.8

You may have two separate drain outlets that you have to connect a hose to outside. There is no separate galley tank mentioned, so all the gray, kitchen and bath must go to the one tank. So, unless someone knows differently, I'm thinking one of the drain pulls is the black tank and the other is the gray tank.

Welcome to the forum!
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
kansascamper

M.O.C. #23705
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
Every site that shows that rig only shows one black tank, but I think there are two baths, so I suspect they both drain to one tank. This is the specs that all the sites show for this rig:

Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks: 1
Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity (GAL/L): 67 / 253.6
Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks: 1
Total Gray Water Tank Capacity (GAL/L): 76 / 287.7
Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks: 1
Total Black Water Tank Capacity (GAL/L): 38 / 143.8

You may have two separate drain outlets that you have to connect a hose to outside. There is no separate galley tank mentioned, so all the gray, kitchen and bath must go to the one tank. So, unless someone knows differently, I'm thinking one of the drain pulls is the black tank and the other is the gray tank.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the reply and I agree about all the sites showing only one. It just doesn't make sense that there are two black tank valves and two grey tank valves. Seems there has to be two black and two grey tanks.
kansascamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
First, I know very little about the Montaineers., but that model has two toilets. That means there are two black tanks, one at each end of the coach. The toilets dump straight down and without the adequate slope required to move the black stuff to one tank, necessitates separate tanks.

There will be two grey tanks. One for the shower and one for the kitchen. They are each 1/2 the capacity of the documented value.

I suspect the bunk room sink drains into the rear black tank. So that totals 2 black and 2 grey drains handles. I am guessing the rear black tank drain handle is at the rear near the frame?

The "
mountaineer value package and a moving to montana package" was an advertising concept to make it look like you get a lot with the rig and they were included on all models.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote