Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2014, 02:27 AM   #1
waterjone
Established Member

M.O.C. #14446
pocket door

the pocket door came off the track only one the first or frount guild is on how do you get to the back guilds thanks Buster

waterjone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:26 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Buster, in our 3800RE, there is a pocket door between the bath and the bedroom. I assume you have a similar situation on whatever your rig is. When my door is closed, from the bedroom side of the door and with a flashlight shining up into the top behind the fascia board...you can see the plastic clips the hold the guides onto the track. You should notice that part of it hangs over the edge of the door on the bedroom side. This is the thing that allows the release of the door from the track. HOW one can move it is the real question. There are people on the forum whom have done this and should be able to tell you more than what I have. The guides on my door are about 12 inches apart or so, and when you shine a light on them you will notice that the end of the guide has a part of it that angles down. This is the part that should be able to move sideways to allow the door to be taken off the track or put back on. Sounds like yours self released and allowed the door to come off in the back. On my door, I have to push the top of the door towards the bath to be able to see the guide...yours may be the same. Looks to me like a person needs a tool that has an 90 degree inward turn at the top and about a 1/2 inch long or less in order to get it up in there and then be able to push left or right to 'engage or release' this guide. IF you try this...make sure you have something under the door to take the weight off and allow the guides to be up and into the track before the 'engage or release' action is done. Hope this helps. John
Old 07-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Waterjone it wouldhelp us to know what rig you have. Our pocket door has come off numerous times on our 2013 3100RL and I am able to get my hand into it from the back side of the door (the part closest to the wall) and on the side closest to the outer wall of my rig and put it back into place. If we know what model you have we may be able to give a better description. When we travel, we put the strap on the door and one of my husbands set of socks under it to keep it from bouncing. We have not had any more problems with it coming off the hooks.

Hope jcurtis934 or I have helped you get it back on! Good luck!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am sure glad I do not have one of those...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
On our 3000RK the screws on the top rail of the pocket between the living area and the bathroom came loose and I thought it was the rollers on the top of the door. After checking it out I realized the reason the door was so crooked was that part of the rail was hanging down behind the wall. OK so now what do I do? This rail is behind the closet and above the ceiling in the closet. I was able to clean everything out of closet/pantry.
1. Remove top shelf
2 remove the trim around the "ceiling" in the pantry
3. Remove that top panel (now you can see the loose rail) Mark with pencil the position of the top panel
4. You have to cut the side panel down to an inch above the top panel position
5. Now you can get your screw driver in and replace the screws, and put in a couple of extras. Be careful you don't put in too long of screws and put holes into roof.
6. After checking out your repair, replace everything and put the stuff back into pantry and your wife will be happy.
Mine works like new.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:47 AM   #6
waterjone
Established Member

M.O.C. #14446
Thanks for the info. The Door problem is in a 3400RL 2013
The only way I se to fix the door is to cut an access in the top shelf of the Pantry.
Think I will block it off and forget it

Thanks again Buster
waterjone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #7
2Wanderers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9998
Went through the pocket door issue. Not a easy fix. However, when we got it all fixed we installed a tapered (at one end) 2x2 (stained to match the woodwork) at the base to support the door as we go down the road. The issue with the track coming out of the ceiling is usually due to road bounce and something solid under the door when its is stored will solve that. Depending on the climate, we rub the 2x2 top surface with soap or dry lube to keep the door from dragging.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Once again, this topic has been covered before in detail. But the Search function here is broken and unable to locate any of the postings.

If the roller has come off the track and you can't figure out how to reconnect it, you can remove the header trim board on the bedroom side. This will expose the latch and give you easy access to the catch.

For the problem where the track has come loose from the ceiling, I seem to recall a picture of Charlie (8.1Al) holding a tool (long rod with a Robertson bit welded to the end) he used to fasten the track back into the ceiling. Don (Nailbender) also fixed the problem without cutting into the walls. Many folks have just cut an access panel in a closet next to the pocket door, added screws and then covered up the hole just like you plan to do.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Buster, depending on when you bought the unit and where you are, I'd be taking it to the dealer for them to fix. I would think it still would be under warranty and that covers any repair and if you have the extended warranty it also would do the same. If you don't want to take it back to the dealer, you have some good info from the previous posters! Good luck!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:40 AM   #10
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
For pulling the track loose from the ceiling which happened to me on 2 doors in my SOB, I rigged up a piece of 1x4 and built a support that wedges into the slot for the door and supports it. If it is a door that is close to the floor I got those rubber door stop wedges and wedge it in under the door. Both will stop the door from bouncing or banging back and forth...
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote