Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I didn't think I would ever have to say this.....

but after having 3 out of 4 Missions fail me I have definitely changed my attitude toward Mission Tires.

It all started back on September 5th while on I-80 in Iowa. Lorraine and I both heard a POP. I immediately looked into my mirrors to see just what was happening. Seeing nothing I continued about 20 miles to the next exit. We pulled into a restaurant for lunch. When we exited the restaurant I noticed Monty's right rear tire was 3/4's flat. I called for road service. By the time they arrived the tire was totally flat. While the tire tech was placing the jack he noticed my left rear tire was separating.
I had the tech mount the spare on the right and limped into his shop 9 miles further up I-80 where I purchased 2 new tires for the rear axle and leaving the 2 Mission's on the front axle.
The next day we were in the Goshen area and for the most part the Monty set idle for over 2 weeks. On Sunday at 7AM we left the Fairgrounds. By 3:30 we were just south of Louisville KY where we spent Sunday night. I was all set to pull out when I did my last walk around and found my right FRONT tire was now flat. That was the last straw for these Mission's. I had road service come into the CG and put my spare on. I than drove back to Louisville and replaced the Mission's.
We were so very fortunate that no tire went flat while on the Interstate as it probably would have torn up the side of the trailer or worse.

I am and always have been a firm believer that most all tires are good tires and blamed a lot of the reported failures on owner neglect or just a coincidence and I still feel that way EXCEPT in the case of Mission's. I will never ever have another Mission tire on any of my vehicles. Again, I spent WAY to many years in the tire business to believe them all just coincidence.

OH YEAH, Every tire that failed was due to manufacturer's defect and had nothing to do with any type of road hazard and NO I did not and will not ask for any warranty adjustments from Mission as they will only dump more Mission's on me and that ain't going to happen.

To the folks at Keystone...I have spent way to many years in the tire business to not recognize a tire problem from a particular manufacturer. When I was in the business, If I was having continuous tire problems from any one manufacturer I would immediately be looking for another brand.
YES, maybe Mission does stand behind their warranty. I don't even care to find out if that is so or not. Keystone's problem is how these tire failures effect the great name of Montana.
I would seriously suggest that the higher ups at Montana and Keystone take a good close look at what you are placing between our Monty's and the ground. These are not just a loose screw or nut that needs tightening or an out of whack slide that needs adjustment, these are some serious safety issues that should be addressed ASAP.
DON'T let some Chinese Tire company drag Montana or any of the Keystone products down in the mud.
I feel everyone on this forum would not mind paying a few extra bucks on tires knowing we are getting something better than these Mission's for our money and more importantly our safety.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote