Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2020, 08:11 AM   #21
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin’ Gran View Post
Ridding myself of the check valve sounds really practical. I would just need a dedicated hose for the flushing.
When I opened the water area in the basement there were a lot of lines! I should have taken a picture when I had it open! There were 2 lines that looked like hose rather than water lines. Would the hose-type be the check valve lines? I wish these things came with diagrams!
If you can see in the basement the area under the wall between the shower and the fridge, you will probably see 4 water lines going up thru the floor. Those would be two for the shower (hot and cold, probably red and blue) and two for the anti siphon valve (probably white). Cutting the two lines for the siphon valve and splicing them back together would eliminate the anti siphon valve. And then you can use an external anti siphon valve as many of us do.

For fresh water, the white hose should be connected to the middle connection, the city water connection. And the winterize switch should be in the OFF position. The Freezegard Winterizing System connection is used to pump RV antifreeze thru the water pipes. Not real sure how you are getting proper fresh water flow as you are currently connected.

They could have put those tags a little closer to the connections to make it more clear on which was which.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #22
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
I definitely attached the hose to the third inlet down, which, by the labels I presumed was the black flush. The photo is to show you the layout of our convenience center
The other hose is where DH has our waterline from our campsite going in. We have water flowing fine in the taps in our trailer.
I think the check valve group could be right. It may never have worked-as I add tons of water through the toilet when we empty.

Reading the original post and all others several times I believe Travelin Gran connected the campground hose to the "flush" inlet as she said she did. Reading this and subsequent posts I come to the conclusion this may have been the first time that "flush" inlet may have been used since they bought the trailer since she says she uses tons of water through the toilet when they drain the black tank. The previous owners may have known of the leak and never resolved it. The previous owner may have made modifications to the water lines behind the convenience center so that either the city water or the freeze guard would work fine as the source of water to the unit since she indicates water to all taps is normal as it is hooked up in the picture.
Travelin Gran if your husband has not used the "flush" line since you have owned it my advise would be to go to all the trouble of locating the anti syphon valve and replacing it, or do as I think you have done and just don't use the black tank flush inlet at all.

As a caution I would not use my main water line to flush the black tank but use a different hose for that purpose if you decide to remove/replace the leaking valve.
Can't see any reason Hubby would not appreciate your efforts and I say good on you for trying.
Good luck
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #23
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Attached is a water plumbing diagram I made of the convenience center. In the photo where the water line is connected to the Winterizing port, you will also see that the winterizing valve is also turned to the ON position. The water line should be connected to the City Water connection and the winterizing valve should be in the OFF position. All the plumbing will be OK with city water pressure, regardless of what position any of the valves are in, but as pictured in the photo is not as intended. In the diagram below, where there is a valve drawn, there is a blue line in the valve drawing that indicates normal water flow. Hope this helps. Also, this diagram is drawn as you are looking at the rear of the convenience center wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	convenience center plumbing schematic.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	7096  
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #24
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
I think you are right.
As to the connection showing in the photo- , this is where DH has our campsite water going in. I think it’s where he was told to put it when we bought the trailer 2nd hand.
Do you run the water pump to get water pressure? Or do you get pressure without the pump? Just can’t visualize how you could get proper water pressure connected as you are without running the water pump.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #25
Travelin’ Gran
Established Member

M.O.C. #22014
Thank you so very much!
Travelin’ Gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #26
Travelin’ Gran
Established Member

M.O.C. #22014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Do you run the water pump to get water pressure? Or do you get pressure without the pump? Just can’t visualize how you could get proper water pressure connected as you are without running the water pump.
Well, as someone pointed out, the winterizing port is on fill., so we are getting water pushed through, even without the pump on. Not the best pressure! I believe DH was told the city connection was just another option for filling the water tank, not the connection to use for parked connection. I found the valve behind the pocket door, between the fridge and shower. I believe at this point I will share with DH all the great information everyone has shared with me as he usually deals with the hook ups and see which option he prefers: leave the flush alone, repair with shark bite and external check valve of some type, or replace actual valve. I wondered if the valve might be accessible via one of the outside panels?
Old 08-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #27
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The fresh water hose to the city water connection and the TANK FILL switch in the NORMAL position is the correct setup. I Think you will see better water pressure that way. And you can temporarily turn that switch to the FILL position if you want to add water to your fresh water tank. Watch your gauge to make sure you don’t overfill. We always carry about 1/3 tank of fresh water to flush the toilet when traveling and stopping for a restroom break.

As far as accessing the anti siphon valve I think it will be in the wall with the shower faucet and water lines and not accessible from any outside panels. As I mentioned above, if you can see under the shower area in your basement and see the water lines going up you will know for sure.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:37 AM   #28
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Tore into my buddies new to him 2010 3150rl yesterday. I found the black tank flush valve and bypassed it. On this model it is behind the shower fixture wall. You can see it for the kitchen side with the sliding door closed. Shine a light in there and look about 3 foot off the floor.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:52 PM   #29
Travelin’ Gran
Established Member

M.O.C. #22014
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
Tore into my buddies new to him 2010 3150rl yesterday. I found the black tank flush valve and bypassed it. On this model it is behind the shower fixture wall. You can see it for the kitchen side with the sliding door closed. Shine a light in there and look about 3 foot off the floor.
I did see that valve there. What size pipe /shark bite did you use? Thanks for the update
Old 09-05-2020, 05:00 AM   #30
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
At this point I'd just refill the black tank with water...a couple of times and then dump it. forget the outside connections.

I just noticed this was done in August, I guess her husand knows by now.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #31
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
I did see that valve there. What size pipe /shark bite did you use? Thanks for the update
All it took was one 90° elbow
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #32
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
1/2" sharkbite

Tags
water system mystery