Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Bradley Dighton
Established Member

M.O.C. #10110
pocket door

Our pocket door on our 3150 seems to have shaken off the track. I was wondering how you can get at it since it is between the refrigerator and the shower.

Bradley Dighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
My 3150RL lost the pocket door and the track. The track screws let go from the top and the door dropped. What I did was to remove the door from the track at the two hardware points at the top. There are a couple of latches that secures the door to the track rollers.

I drilled extra screw holes in the track for new screws. I had to remove the wood facia covering the track toward the rear (kitchen) of the unit. It is held on with finish nails. After I removed the facia I was able to attach the track again with a couple of screws on the steps end to hold it up. Then I was able to force my arm in the pocket cavity and reach back and screw in the screws in the back of the track with a screw driver. If you can't reach in you may have to cut an access hole in the pantry triangle cabinet. With the triangular cabinet beside the frig it is hard to cut a good access though. Not enough room for me.

After the track is reinstalled you can then install the top rollers and then attach them to the brackets on the top of the door. You may have to turn the door on an angle to slip it into the pocket. After all is back together you can reattach the facia to cover the track.

This worked for me. Hope it will work for you.

Joe
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
This has happened on our trailer twice now. On the bedroom side of the door you have to remove the screws that hold the top trim board on. Then you can work the door out to where you can access the roller assembly. I had to add some screws to the back of the track. I was able to force my arm in and added several screws. Then you have to fight to get the rollers back in place. Adjust so the door closes properly and replace the trim board. Lock tight on the roller nuts will probably keep it from comming loose again.

Some people have put a board from the floor to the rail to keep it in place. I didn't have to do that.

Good luck, it is not as bad as it looks.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
2Wanderers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9998
Had the same thing happen to our pocket door. Dealer had to remove one wall of the shower to get in to the ceiling over the pocket door. Noticed some new silicone around the shower wall and glass. I was glad I wasn't there to see that process. After that, and before it might happen again, I located a hard 2x2 about 12 to 16 inches long, cut a bevel on the outer facing, stained it to match the rest of the wood, slid it under the door, and secured it with a recessed long wood screw. Perfect fit. Every two weeks it needs a little bar soap lubricant on the bottom of the door. Its the vertical jarring that pulls the door and ceiling track out of the ceiling. By giving it a base to ride on during transit and keeping the door in the pocket we seem to have eliminated the problem. At least so far. Gave the suggestion to the factory.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 2Wanderers

After that, and before it might happen again, I located a hard 2x2 about 12 to 16 inches long, cut a bevel on the outer facing, stained it to match the rest of the wood, slid it under the door, and secured it with a recessed long wood screw. Perfect fit. Every two weeks it needs a little bar soap lubricant on the bottom of the door. Its the vertical jarring that pulls the door and ceiling track out of the ceiling. By giving it a base to ride on during transit and keeping the door in the pocket we seem to have eliminated the problem. At least so far. Gave the suggestion to the factory.
That sounds like a great idea. If they could put some sort of nylon strip on top of the board for it to slid on it would eliminate the need for lubricating.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We had this happen to our mountaineer TT. The dealer cut a hole into the pocket door space by going behind the TV. Then rescrewed the track and installed a 2x2 to make sure it never happens again. Covered the hole behind the TV. Looks great and works great.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote