Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #61
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Dee's in Colorado Springs installed our washer and dryer. They said to have it there at 8:30 in morning. They didn't get finished until almost 7Pm that night. They tracked mud in our new Monty and tried to clean it but didn't do that great a job.
We took it to a near campground after picking it up after installation. Tried the washer and dryer and water was running out of the bottom of the trailer. Checked that out and they didn't tighten the water hoses on washer!!! Would not recommend them for anything. The service manager offered to clean our carpet at another time but why should we drive 70 miles to get our carpet cleaned!!!
Rate their service a 3
Sales a 2
We looked there before buying from another Montana dealer in Texas. The sale staff was not helpful and tried to scam us on one we looked at and liked. It was a used Montana. They had a huge price on it. We ended buying our NEW monty at Jack Sisemore in Texas and gave less for the new Monty, than Dee's wanted for a used Monty!

And the sales man at Dee's had such bad breath we couldn't stand to sit in the office with him! It was BAD!!!

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #62
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
TriAm Rv, Ocala, Fl
Sales 10
Sales Mgmt 10, Owners 10
Service 9.5
Parts 10
Triam is a very ethical and honest dealership. We will continue to do business with them in the future. They may not always be the least expensive but you do get what you pay for. They have always made good on anything we requested to be fixed without making us feel it was our fault. They are a very strong Montana dealer.
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 AM   #63
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
I know they have already been mentioned but Collier's RV in Rockford, IL.
Sales 10--Our service from start to finish was completly painless. No hassles from anyone. I was pleasantly surprised when I stopped in for warranty work this last summer that the salesman still remembered us. Even told me which unit I had purchased.

Service 10+ We had several minor manufacturing problems we discovered after delivery. The service manager and service writer were able to squeeze us in and got all of the problems fixed within two hours. We also had our Monty up there this last summer with some warranty issues (hole in the gray tank) Was in and out the same day.

Our latest experience with them was with the dog and the door. After not being able to get information from the manufacturer of the door, I sent an email to our service writer Lisa. She and the parts manager were able to get us the information to get a new door delivered to us. She has also checked with us via email from time to time to make sure that everything is going well. You can't beat customer service like that.

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #64
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Northgate RV Sales&Service, 3 locations, Ringgold Ga, Chattanooga tn., Alcoa Tn.
Bought my monty from them, used, 04, 2980RL, their sales people are very helpful, an no pressure , I just had my first non warranty work done, fridge hinge broke off door, Dometic would not warrant the part,even tho it has a 3 yr warranty (I'm 2nd owner) but Northgate RV in Alcoa tn, ordered the door and installed it at "NO Labor" cost to me!
sales= 10
service= 10
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #65
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Sherrards RV & KOA, Colbert, OK

Sales = 10
Service = 1
Parts = 5

Had a great salesman Hank not there anymore. After working with him for 6 months he got everything ordered exactly as we wanted at a great price.

Recieved the unit on a Tuesday made arrangements to pick up Thursday. Talked to service and they were not going to PDI it until Friday. Then when I did pick it up they did not want to install the Surge protector because they did not know where the main power ran into the unit. Tore the back end apart trying to install it there. After around half the service guys showed up they told me to just pick up an inline one. Helloooo I do not need a 260.00 surge protector walking off. Then after they finally called the factory they figured out what I told them in the first place. Jeshhhh

I feel bad for the owners family account the original owner passed away unexpectedly. They are trying to sell the place and the current GM doesn't want to be there it seems. Don't believe that they know what is happening to their investment. Warranty work I have had to take it to another dealer that doesn't even handle Montana's but other Keystones. Other major mistakes happened and as a result, just threw out the last key chain they gave us!
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #66
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Four Seasons RV, Abilene KS
Sales: 10 (Super staff)
Pricing: 8 (smaller area so not as much competition close by)
Warranty Service: 9 (Great service but a little slow getting things done -- recently expanded their shop and staff is being added!!)
Non-Warranty Service: 9 (Same as warranty -- staff is super -- just so overworked!!)
Parts / Store staff: 10 (If they don't have it, they know where to get it and price is always competitive).
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #67
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
East Bay RV.
4961 Pacheco Blvd.
Martinez Ca.

Sales-8 My sales person,Jeff Chaney
Nice man let me bug him for a year and a half.
Did not push me to buy.
I would buy from Jeff again

Service-10 Service manager,Frank
Frank bent over backwards so my unit was just what I wanted.
After 5 months my microwave went bad and Frank replaced it with no problem.
If I ask a question about how to fix something the answer is a good one.
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #68
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
We purchased our Monty through D&L RV in Wenatchee Washington and would rate sales, service and parts all a 9+. Great people, family owned, dad runs sales and his son the service department. There price was better than I could get from LaDonna in Tacoma.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #69
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We just got back from Alpin Haus in Amsterdam. One of the best experiences with sales people in a long, long time. Everyone, and I mean everyone from the receptionist to the men in the garage were very professional. We even got pizza.
Ended up with a deal close to what we wanted. A lot better than we could have gotten here in Syracuse. ***Edited for conversational content per guidelines, page 1.***
Thanks Steve Quill, our salesman, for being very patient with us. Please stop in and see them if your in the area. You won't be disappointed.

Carol

There's a camping world there too.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:50 AM   #70
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
We totally agree with the comments submitted by rldriver relative to D & L Sales and Service of Wenatchee, WA. A good 9+ in both Sales & Service. We also agree with their comments in regards to Tacoma RV. We traveled almost 300 miles to finalize a deal and left 5 minutes after talking with Ladonna the owner. She couldn't find any record of talking with the wife the week before. She jumped the price and lowered the trade-in value on our '04. Drove to Wenatchee the next day and saved $10k +.
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #71
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Suncoast RV, SR 520 Cocoa, Florida, 10+ service and body shop, new roof done by Jeff and it is perfect. It looks better than when it was delivered new.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:28 AM   #72
rnap50
Established Member

M.O.C. #4870
Walnut Ridge Family RV New Castle In.
sales 10
service 9 is good on repair but doesn't call when done have to call them to check on it to fine out when it will be done.
parts 10
rnap50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #73
Gumby56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6290
Campers Inn Raynham MA

Sales 9
Service 8

Really nice team of people. Good prices and very flexible to customize the units.
Gumby56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #74
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Reposting the guidelines for the Dealer Ratings forum.

We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

Post your personal experiences only without emotion, not opinions or hearsay.

This is to be a reference thread only to simply state objective facts; it is not to be a conversational thread. Please address questions or comments directly to the poster by email or private message.

Names of individual dealers' management/personnel will not be included in negative comments.

The MOC Administrative Staff reserves the right to edit or delete part or all of any post that, in our opinion, does not fit within these guidelines.

We appreciate the Membership's cooperation in following these guidelines.

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 AM   #75
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Terrell Family Camping Center in Terrell, NC.

Sales: 10, Major Russell is super. (thanks for your friendship)
Service: 10, always knowlegable, great to work with.

Have bought two campers from them and will use them again when the time comes.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:43 AM   #76
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Carolina Coach and Camper in Hickory

Sales: 9 Good sales people, but they don't stay long

Service: 1 (deserves a 0, but I can't be that negative) had to threaten lawsuit for repairs on new camper. New camper spent 6 out of first 9 months (most of camping season) in shop. Slow and very uncaring. Bought Keystone Sprinter TT from them. Swore I would never own another Keystone but did buy a Montana from another dealer and love it and the dealer (see my other tread for Terrell).
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #77
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
A&S RV Center Auburn Hills, MI

Sales: 10 I purchased my Monty at the Rock Financial Showplace RV Show. The saleswoman, Tacey Wiber, approached me within a minute of my arrival to their area. She was extremely pleasant and knowledgable about the Montana. She has gone out of her way to ensure my satisfaction regarding the unit, and is always available to me when I call.

Service: 9 From what I've seen for the short amount of time I've been in the unit since picking it up after service, everything seems to be in order. But, I will hold total judgment for when I'm back in my Monty again, and making use of it. Ernie in service is a great guy, and he was very positive to deal with. The only down side was taking over 3 weeks to do the work. In his defense, I did tell him that I didn't need the unit right away. I've learned to never say that again...LOL

This family owned business has a very good reputation, which they strive to maintain. A great overall experience, and I would recommend them highly.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #78
happy campers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6523
Burlington RV Superstore, Sturtevant, Wi.

This dealer built a brand new, state of the art facility conveniently located at the Racine Hwy 20 exit on I-94. Our salesman, Jeff K., stayed behind and is now selling Jaycos at the Burlington RV Outlet from their original location in Burlington. This operation is a "class act" in every way. We had some minor issues, and one recurring, annoying issue with a noisy water pump that took multiple trips in for warranty service until the problem was finally discovered and fixed. Keystone was involved, and some manufacturing changes were made as a result of Burlington RV's efforts. Jeff worked with us until we were sure of what we really wanted, then got us a deal we couldn't match elsewhere. I would highly recommend them for sales or service.

happy campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #79
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:30 AM   #80
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote