Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
ANOTHER SLIDE OUT QUESTION

We just had the rig at the local shop for some warranty work. One of the problems was/is that the slides (all of them) creep out. This doesn't happen until at least 3-4 hours after they have been retracted. They will not creep when the rig is parked and sitting, but if you drive it around or go inside and push out on them, they will move out an inch or so.

Before I took the rig in for service, I made sure I had plenty of fluid (which I did) and performed the procedure that has been posted here and is in the Lippert manual for purging air from the system. I still had the problem. The dealer did the same and said the problem was fixed.

Well, you guessed it....it is not. I went out this morning and was able to push the slides out from the inside.

I have marked my hydraulic fluid reservoir with the level of the fluid when the slides are extended and retracted, and one of the things I noticed before I took the rig in for service, and informed the dealer of is, that after I retract the slides the level is always the same. But, after the rig has sat with the slides retracted for 3-4 hours, or overnight, the fluid level in the reservoir has risen by 1/4" - 1/2" which would indicate to me that the pump, manifold or something in the system is not holding pressure. Does this make sense???

This has been going on for a couple of months now and there is no visual indication of a fluid leak anywhere that I can see. I obviously will be taking the rig back to have this looked at again, but feel that I may need to point the tech in the right direction. Any inputs, as always, are appreciated.
Jack