Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
pathfinder
Established Member

M.O.C. #10217
bedroom speakers/ 1/2 time oven

Hi, we are new to the Montana family. We have a 2007 3400 RL and are thrilled to join the family. Two questions: We have bedroom speakers but no sound. We assume that they are for the bedroom tv but we cannot see any wires for the speakers. We installed a new flat screen and would love to use them or are they for the living room entertainment?
I have a 1/2 time oven and the unit did not come with any manuals explaining the use of the oven. Would love any instructions and what foods you cook in the 1/2 time. I also do not have a tray other than the glass tray that most microwaves have. I was told that the 1/2 time and convection oven would not work without this tray.
Thanks for any help. Pathfinder

pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
The bedroom speakers are tied to the entertainment center system. I can't help you with the oven but I'm sure someone will be along to help.
PS: Welcome to the forum.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
As Jim mentioned your speakers wires are in your entertainment center. I do not know what kind of Amplifier you have but there are different selections on your Amp that will allow for sound in the living room area or in both the living room area and bedroom. We have a 2007 3400RL also. Email us the model of your convection oven and your address. If it is the same as ours, we will make a copy of the convection oven manual and mail it to you. The metal tray is for the convection oven function. Take the metal tray out when using the microwave function.

George and Rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
radio flyer
Established Member

M.O.C. #8409
Hi
Just a thought, check on the wall in bedroom, there is a switch turns on and off bedroom speakers.
radio flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
On our 2007 3075RL, the bedroom speakers are connected to and controlled by the DVD/home theater system. The speakers do not function at all from the TV unless you connect an audio cable from the TV audio output jacks to the DVD/home theater system audio input jacks. At least on mine it works that way. I added the cable to get better sound when watching the TV as my TV speakers leave a lot to be desired.
On my DVD remote, there is a button labeled "speaker mode". By pressing that button, the speakers (as shown on the TV screen) will toggle from "A" to "B" to "A+B". "A" is living room speakers only, "B" is bedroom speakers only, "A+B" is living room plus bedroom speakers.
I don't use the bedroom speakers for the TV or DVD player, but do use them when I have the Ipod connected to the home theater system.
But my DVD/home theater system just died, so I am in the market for a replacement.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
For the Apollo half time oven, you can go to this web site and read a manual. There are two different ones available there depending on the model.
You should have a round metal tray that sets on top of and a couple inches above the glass tray for convection and half time cooking. You can see a picture of it in the manual.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Pathwinder,

Welcome to the forum, but as I learned quickly when I joined, it sure helps to include a description (year make/model) of your rig (TV & RV) in the signature box that automatically shows up below your posting and this will help you a lot so you don't have to keep mentioning it each time. If you had joined sooner you would have also learned about "PDIs" where many of these things could have been answered.

As for your issues, I have an Apollo oven which works just like others have mentioned, and my speakers are controlled by the living room entertainment center also described by others (A, B, A+B), but only the DVD or AM/FM modes (no television). Would you please post the make and models of the items in question. Our Montys may not all have the same brands and features and these details might help a lot.

There should have been a metal tray for use in convection oven mode, which gets removed during microwave mode. We use the glass tray all the time for microwave mode and we find we need to reposition it after driving for a while because it may jump around. DW used convection mode only once because she prefers the conventional oven under the burners and I do most my cooking outside on the BBQ or outdoor stove so I'm no help for convection mode.

I hope you get your solutions real soon. You might trying going to the home page and look for the PDI checklist(s) and do one for yourself to familiarize yourself with your rig. If there are other things you don't understand post your questions to the MOC. Keep in mind, the membership professes that there are no such things as stupid questions. Just when I thought I knew a lot about my Monty, the MOC taught me so much more! Again, Welcome to the MOC!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #8
pathfinder
Established Member

M.O.C. #10217
Thank you all so much for your help. We appreciate all the expert advice.
pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #9
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
I replaced the tv's and surround sound in our 07-3400rl. I took the potty room fan shroud down and found the speaker wires for the bedroom speakers, cut them loose from the surround sound and fished new wires back to the TV cabinet in the B/R. Hooked the bedroom speakers to the bedroom TV, much better. The main thing was finding what to fish with, used the RG58/u cable to the tv, taped speaker wire and cord to the cable and pulled it through to the fan shroud, then used the cord to fish the RG58/u back. Job took about an hour and a couple of adult beverages.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 AM   #10
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
Make sure when travelling to pack that glass turntable somewhere other than in the oven. I just kept the styrofoam it was packed in and put it in the drawer under the oven when travelling. We had the turntable push the door open (microwave)on one trip and when we opened up the rv there was glass everywhere. Fortunately no damage other than a broken turntable but sure was a mess finding all the glass splinters.
Janie
paperheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The 1/2 time oven is easy. Just use exactly the same directions you'd use for the gas oven EXCEPT enter 1/2 the amount of time. For example, if the recipe calls for 400 degrees for 2 hours, enter 400 degrees and one hour. The oven will add time for preheating, automatically. Vicki dearly loves that oven. Our gas oven is a breadbox.

The metal turntable, as well as the glass one, can be used in the 1/2 time and convection modes but the metal one should NOT be used in microwave mode.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote