Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2020, 04:43 AM   #1
Paul u

M.O.C. #25588
2015 3791RD cable tv splitter?

Have a 3791RD, with a Samsung 4K TV in den over fireplace, am having issue with TV receiving channels 4-12 while connected to RV Resort digital cable system, all other channels are fine. Called cable company they sent technician who stated the issue was with the splitter in the 5th wheel. I assumed splitter would be behind wall where cable connects to site pedestal, it was not there. Traced main coach cable and it appears to go up behind electrical panel.

I was hoping someone out there may have already of had this issue and could provide some additional insight on where the splitter might be located, thanks for all input.

Paul u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #2
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul u View Post
Have a 3791RD, with a Samsung 4K TV in den over fireplace, am having issue with TV receiving channels 4-12 while connected to RV Resort digital cable system, all other channels are fine. Called cable company they sent technician who stated the issue was with the splitter in the 5th wheel. I assumed splitter would be behind wall where cable connects to site pedestal, it was not there. Traced main coach cable and it appears to go up behind electrical panel.

I was hoping someone out there may have already of had this issue and could provide some additional insight on where the splitter might be located, thanks for all input.
We have the 3790RD and have had similar issues, it seems to be a hit and miss issue at different resorts as to not getting all the channels. Check the antenna booster connections and the main splitter which is behind the basement wall near the convenience center for water and cable hook ups.
Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
on our 2015 3790rd the splitter is right behind the convenience centre wall, take off the plastic panel in the pass through and it should be right there..... Ours was a cheap one, replaced it with a quality digital splitter and no more issues with cable or satellite connections...
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
Paul u

M.O.C. #25588
Thanks, for the info, I had removed screws and looked behind the access panel to the area where the cable comes in and could not see a splitter, I will look again though, I might have missed it, Paulu
Paul u is offline   Reply With Quote