Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2023, 02:27 PM   #41
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMA60 View Post
To all, thanks for your input and advice. My MHC is in storage now, but I have decided to change the tires out in spring before our trip. No money trees grow in my yard unfortunately, but I would rather have a smooth first big trip than deal with a bad blowout. No guarantees in life but an ounce of prevention goes a long way. Sincerely,
Good plan! Not sure how many miles you have on your Ranier tires, but I’d suggest you check the the tread depth for any usual wear, such as inside wearing more than outside. This would indicate an alignment problem. Better to find it now and fix than put new tires on and then see them being scrubbed unevenly. Our 2019 3700 FL required an alignment after 8K miles.

firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 03:27 PM   #42
madeforeachother
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6748
There is nothing more important on our trailers than a good set of tires. Peace of mind and safety for you and your family is priority! We have purchased 4 new Montana fifth wheels since 2004 and lived with the tires they came with until the third rig which had the Goodyear Marathons ( nicknamed Marabombs for a reason ). After becoming educated about tire quality on Montanaowners from less fortunate members we went with the G- rated 14 ply Goodyear tires and are still buying them to date with our current 4th trailer. Members have stated that this tire was overkill and expensive but they have worked well for us with no mishaps and they are made in the U.S.A not China! The rigs today are very expensive so don’ t get cheap now and buy a cheap tire. You will not regret getting the much safer tire. Tom+ Joyce
madeforeachother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 02:26 PM   #43
monterose

M.O.C. #13147
hi, we are in florida and want to put 17.5 tires and wheels on our rv and am having a hard time finding a dealer who sells tires and wheels mounted. Can you help us.
Thanks
Monte & rose
monterose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 07:28 AM   #44
ep4me
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32135
https://www.boarwheel.com/packages/

A commercial truck tire place should be able to help you as well.
ep4me is offline   Reply With Quote