Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Which way doth the wind blow?

Well I have moved from the Encore park to park 10 miles south of Disney near a new golf development call Champions Gate. I moved off the prairie to a campground with lots of old oaks now I'm wondering which way the wind is going to blow.

Ironic that I leave the coast after 17 years and now I'm sitting in Central FL having to listen to all the hurricane hype. I have been through this so many times I can't believe it's happening in Orlando! I'm not really concerned about the hurricane itself just spin off tornados. My common sense tells me that this storm is not packing enough punch to do much damage once it starts moving inland. But you never know. I'll just keep an eye on it. Right now it's a toss up between me (Polk county) and Rob Cooley (Lake county).

I have enjoyed exploring the area. Still no good job offer but I'm hopeful. I will say I really like Melbourne. It appears to be a neat little town. Not too small. Not too big. The beach area still has charm. I must say I'm a little overwhelmed by the Orlando/ Kissimmee area.
I have a new state motto for Florida..."If we build it they will come".

The park I'm in is Lakewood RV resort. It's older and fairly empty right now, but I like it's location for getting around. The staff is great. The rates are good. I have access to various routes, which I have found is necessary around here. You always need what I call an plan B and C for getting somewhere. The area is rural, but not for long as evidenced by the four lane highways being constructed. And golf courses. I'm sure this park will be gone in a few years just like many others being bought up by developers in the area.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:56 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
fla native,

Sounds like you are having an interesting time, thanks for the updates.

Good luck on that job search.

And prayers for all our Florida friends this week with the double wammy coming at ya.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:33 AM   #3
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Fla Native -- Thanks for your update. Still keeping our fingers crossed you find the ideal job soon. And yes we are having a "wonderful" summer painting the exterior of our stick house! Happy trails to you ...
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:43 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
BJ, Thanks for the update. After living in South FL for 17 years, we can relate to your concerns about the hurricanes and tropical storms. We were fortunate to leave the Homestead area for our move to to the Atlanta area just a few months before Andrew wiped our a large section of our old neighborhood. When we went back to help out our neighbors we could not believe the devistation. Guess all I am saying is, please don't take any chances and don't wait too long to hook up your Montana and head north if the warnings get worse for your area. Keep us posted! Our thoughts and prayers will be with all those in the line of these two storms.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:54 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I just read that they have issued a evacuation for the Tampa area. Lets keep all our Florida members in our prayers.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
fla native..... I guess since you have been subject to hurricanes and tornados before it becomes somewhat of "old hat" to you. I'd be on the road hightailing it outta there...hahaha

I hope everything goes well for you and that the hurricane turns around and goes back out to sea.

Since I live in California, we get earthquakes once in awhile. The last big one in 1989 that was centered in San Francisco hit us up here in the Sacramento area and damaged a water pipe to our house just enough to cause us some repair problems.
We have a motto for California.... "The Shake 'N Bake State".

Take care.... I'm sure all the MOC Family is hoping for the best for you, Rob Cooley and everyone else in your part of the world.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
fla native....We are having one of our best summers up here in Alaska. Also one of the worst for forest fires. This summer has been very dry thus far. We could use some of your moisture up here. Keep us posted on the wx. We are thinking about you. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:04 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I know the storm is barely over, but watching the news reports this AM was a bit scarry, no, REAL scarry. Hope we hear from some of these Florida members soon, our prayers are with them.

Carol