Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Zone pass Doubled

Thousand trails just sent me a new promotion offering their zone pass for $499, PLUS they are offering a second zone for no additional cost. Tell me if you think this is a good deal. I am tempted, the offer is only good till Feb 28.
With two zones for one year for $499 it sounds pretty good, but I have never stayed at a TT.

grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
southern thunder
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12211
I have never stayed at one, but I have a friend that is a full timer who stays at one on the Peace River in central Florida a lot. I would think each one is a little different. I think he can stay several weeks, then has to leave for a week and then can go back.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
We have been members since 1989 and more than get out money back on the membership. We stay between 80 and 100 nights a year and it is free except the small amount for yearly dues.
You should do well since they have more parks on the west coast that where we live in the east coast. Of course it depends how much you would get to go. The parks on the west coast are very nice and Palm Springs is one of their best.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
Is that the Eastern zone and the Western zone? And how many day days per year and what is the annual fee?
Bpb
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Any two zones, up two thirty nights then $3.00 per night. Here is their info

Frequently Asked Zone Camping Questions:

Q: What are my Zone Camping Pass payment options?
A: The annual fee of $499 is payable in full at the time of purchase or in 12 consecutive monthly installments. (see following FAQ for restrictions). While there is no enrollment fee when buying a single Zone Camping Pass, if you do purchase more than one Zone, you may finance the enrollment fee with as many as four installments. Details will be provided at check out.

Q: How does the monthly payment option work for single Zone purchases?
A: As a convenience, you may pay the annual fee in 12 consecutive monthly installments, provided that you commit to a 2 year agreement and agree to have the monthly installments automatically charged to your credit card or withdrawn from your bank account. The first payment is due at time of purchase. All payments must be made in U.S. dollars.

Q: How long is the term of the Zone Camping Pass?
A: The initial term of a Zone Camping Pass is (a) one (1) year if you purchase one to three zones and you elect to pay the annual fee in full at the time of purchase, (b) two (2) years if you purchase one to three zones and you elect to pay the annual fee in monthly installments, or (c) five (5) years if you purchase a National ZPP (all four zones).

At the end of the initial term, your Pass will automatically renew for additional one-year periods. You may cancel your membership by notifying us at least 30 days prior to expiration.

Q: What are my use privileges?
A: Your Zone Camping Pass entitles you to unlimited day use and unlimited overnight camping in your recreational vehicle or tent, subject to length of stay restrictions, at all campgrounds in the zone(s) you select. During your stay you enjoy all the same amenities provided to those campers who book at the daily rate.

Q: How long can I stay at a resort?
A: While there is no limit to the total number of nights that you may use your Zone Camping Pass each year, we do set a maximum of 14 consecutive days for any particular stay at one of our resorts.

******Additionally, if your stay exceeds four consecutive nights, you must wait for seven nights before you stay again at any resort.****

Q: Who may use my Zone Camping Pass?
A: Your Zone Camping Pass covers the purchaser, his/her spouse, and any dependent children age 23 and under who live at home or attend school away from home. Other family members may use the campgrounds as guests as set forth in the Usage Rules. Our spacious campsites can accommodate up to 10 persons, so don't forget to bring your friends along!

Q: Is my Zone Camping Pass transferable?
A: No, unless you purchase a National Zone Camping Pass. Once purchased, a 1-3 Zone Camping Pass can only be used by the named purchaser, and those family members listed above. A National Zone Camping Pass: (a) may be transferred to a member of your immediate family if the purchase price is paid in full and the annual fee is current at the time of transfer. The members of your immediate family are your lineal ascendants and descendants (i.e., your parents and grandparents and your children and grandchildren). In connection with any transfer of a National Zone Camping Pass, we will charge a reasonable transfer fee, which is currently $250.

Q: What if I purchase the Northwest Zone but want to visit a different Zone?
A: You can upgrade your Zone Camping Pass to include additional zones at any time, by calling the Thousand Trails call center at 1-866-832-3138.

Q: Does the Zone Park Pass come with a moneyback guarantee?
A: Yes. If you purchase a Zone Park Pass through our website or call center and are not satisfied with your Zone Park Pass for any reason during the first 30 days after you sign the purchase agreement, or after you stay at a campground for not more than two consecutive nights, whichever comes first, you may cancel your purchase agreement and receive a refund of your annual fee and (if applicable) enrollment fee . You must cancel your Zone Park Pass by sending a written notice of cancellation to MHC Thousand Trails Limited Partnership, Two North Riverside Plaza, Suite 800, Chicago, Illinois 60606, Attention: Contract Processing. The notice must be postmarked by midnight of the 30th day after the day on which you signed your Zone Park Pass purchase agreement or before you stay at a campground for more than two consecutive nights, whichever occurs first. Mailing by ordinary mail is adequate but certified mail return receipt requested is recommended. This guarantee does not apply to an upgrade after your initial purchase.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
We have been members for five years. We like it a lot. It helps us keep our total campground cost down. As far as the campgrounds, we like most of them. About 25% of them we don't like and don't use. The good ones far out weigh the bad ones.

You can easily calculate if it will benefit you or not.

Drew

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
We're considering it too and are in Vancouver. We just went up and checked out the one in Chehalis. It was nice and heavily wooded if you like that. Needed a little work, but it is the middle of winter too. The ranger said they have plenty of large motor home-sized spaces to accomodate our Montanas. It is only $41.58 a month, so if you only do one weekend a month it pays for itself - maybe even only one night a month depending on site cost. The northern California ones aren't that close, so we're not sure if we would even use those that often, but it sounds like a good deal. We are only concerned with if you can actually get a site when you want one. They also take reservations from non-members so who knows how full they get once we get into the season.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
We received a free membership with the purchase of a travel trailer and then another free membership when we purchased our Montana...turns out, for us, the free memberships were worth about what we paid for them. EVERY time we attempted to use them, we got the "No Space Available" reply. Not saying they are not a good deal, but they just did not serve us well.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CamillaMichael

EVERY time we attempted to use them, we got the "No Space Available" reply.
That's exactly what I am worried about. I'm sure mid-week might work, but weekends must fill up very fast. As for summer, who knows? Wonder what it is like out in the Northwest region?
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
We make our reservations 90 days ahead and seldom have a problem. We only do this for holidays as this is about the only time they are full.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thousand trails has opened up a limited number of sites at each TT reservation for public camping. The nominal fee for camping in the area is typically used as the fee.

Example: Conroe TT, $42 a night.

We stayed at the St. Clair TT with Passport America rates. That was a good deal for us. I assume that each TT can assess its own rates and discounts based on availability.

http://www.thousandtrails.com/reservations.asp
Look at the Non-Members info on the right side of the page

http://www.rvonthego.com/
Choose your area and see what the nightly rates are

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm...d/23784506.cfm
Woodalls forum with some info

Happy trails (Or is it more appropriate to say "Happy TT."
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote