Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Did you know this?

With the Spring camping season just around the corner, thought I'd pass along some information I received from a high school friend and fellow RVer.

The best way of getting rid of mosquitoes is Listerine, the original medicinal type. The Dollar Store-type works, too. I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared.

The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And viola! That worked as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it.

I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days.

Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house if you have one.

Also can be used to dab on any bites you receive. It will stop the itching quicker and go away faster.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
We're definitely gonna try this one...we'll put it through the northern MN test this summer. If it makes a difference, we'll know for sure as they will try to carry you away up there. Thanks for sharing!!
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Vicki,

Thanks for sharing!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Viki. We will use this along with our Bounce sheets and should be mosquito free from now on.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Here is another one which works well and includes your ingredient. 1 bottle of Listerine, 1 can/bottle of stale beer and 1/3 cup of epsom salts. Mix it in a sprayer and spray it on your grass. It will keep your area mosquito free for up to a month.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote