Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Frig did not work on AC

Used the trailer this past weekend and when we turned the Frig on, the setting would not go to AC. It would work on gas. (this is a 4 month old trailer)

I had no thrown breakers so after a few words #$@#, I opened the outside compartment to see if the Frig receptacle was getting electricity.
First I find I have to remove a small plate to look up where the recptacle is..okay....I get that off and see the plug is about to fall out of the recptacle. Push it in and all works fine. After a relief that was all there was I get to thinking.......
That plug is very secure when it is pushed in, so I believe the plug was not pushed in well at the factory. For some folks that could hav been a big inconvenience and a trip to the dealer.
Pitiful......

A lesson for all here..check your plug. I guess receptacle plugs could vibrate out but I doubt it. Tape them up if necessary.

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Glad you found out what was wrong and everything is working fine now. Thanks for the heads up on this.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
Montana_4358

M.O.C. #4358
Same exact thing happened to us, except my husband is not mechanically inclined so we had to drive our rig all the way to the dealer.
Montana_4358 is offline   Reply With Quote