Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #21
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

John, I haven't tried it, but my dryer would probably work on 30 amps. Depends on the control inside it, but I would bet a box of sugar donuts that it would heat, but on 1/2 power, just take twice as long to dry. I bet the only thing that is 220 is the heating elements, motor is 120 volts, most probably the controls also. I would have to look at the schematic.
I don't think it will work on the 30 amp adapter. Both sides of the element will have 120 volts of the same phase which will equal no current flow.

The GFCO 50 amp panel we have is not set up for 240 volts. The only two pole single throw breaker is the one in the middle, which serves as the main. The left and right buss are different phases. I am told the Iota panels are different.
You are right Slickwillie, it will not work, it is like having an open leg of a 220 circuit, no current flow equals no heat.

farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yep you are right on the 220, had a CRS moment.
Good job Wild horse, you are doing quite a major job there.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #23
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Thanks Ozz...and now it's completed.
Here's a pic of the vent to the outside (screen's not on yet, baffle is).

Here's a pic of the drain connection I put on. It's just before the waste gate. Black and gray tanks can be closed, but washer will still drain, so no worries there. Probably didn't need it, but I put a small loop in the drain line (inside) to act as a ptrap.
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #24
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Bill,
Nice job and yes there is a P trap in our washer drain so I would say yes you needed it to keep smell out.
You are doing a great job.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
WOW! What a major mod! It took a moment to figure from your pics what you were doing, but when I realized we have different units, I could clearly understand what it was that I was seeing. Again, really fine job.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #26
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Well, you have my curiosity up with the extra distribution panel you installed. You mentioned coming from the pedestal with the new wiring. Did you install a 30 amp plug on the wire coming to the new panel?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #27
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Quote:

Well, you have my curiosity up with the extra distribution panel you installed. You mentioned coming from the pedestal with the new wiring. Did you install a 30 amp plug on the wire coming to the new panel?
No, a 50 amp plug....you can only do this if you come in from the 50 amp side of the pedestal.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #28
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wild Horse

Quote:

No, a 50 amp plug....you can only do this if you come in from the 50 amp side of the pedestal.
Of course, as OZZ said, senior moment there. Do you run the rig on 30 amps at that time.....the chance of two 50 amp plugs is what made me curious?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #29
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
We have "twin" pedestals here, so I'm borrowing the non-existent neighbors. We have 161 sites, with only 3 visitors. Boss here said feel free to use the other 50 amp. Under normal circumstances, we would use the 50 to plug in the w/d, and plug the rig into the 30...we only have one a/c, so I doubt if there'd be much of an issue. I can always simply unplug the w/d and plug in the 'tana to the 50 if there was such a necessity. We really only need such a setup for long term gigs...we're on a 6 month one now, so it qualifies.
Hope this helps explain things.
Bill