RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2020, 11:03 AM   #121
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
I find these threads funny. All these old guys think that every 5er needs a dully Shultz never said weather the trailer was loaded or unloaded. All he said that there was no one in the truck.

Old guys crack me up.
Define old guy.

All I know is there's an awful lot of people towing overweight. Buddy of mine just bought a brand new Grand Design 5th wheel 17000 lb gross weight towing it with a three quarter ton GMC truck with a 1900 pound payload. Just the pin weight of the empty fiver is double his payload.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #122
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Aren't Old Guys ex Young Guys who have learned a thing or two in their additional years of experience?
Aren't Young Guys pre Old Guys who still have things to learn?

This Old Guy doesn't think every 5er needs a dually. But I have learned over the years that the numbers are the numbers, and numbers don't lie. Use good old fashioned math and choose truck and trailer wisely. That's all

Jeff & Sandi (and Teddy - 7lb Schnorkie)
2018 Montana HC 305RL / Andersen Ultimate Hitch on B&W Ball
2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 SRW / AMP Power Running Boards / Air Bags
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #123
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Aren't Old Guys ex Young Guys who have learned a thing or two in their additional years of experience?
Aren't Young Guys pre Old Guys who still have things to learn?

This Old Guy doesn't think every 5er needs a dually. But I have learned over the years that the numbers are the numbers, and numbers don't lie. Use good old fashioned math and choose truck and trailer wisely. That's all
Unless you use numbers to suite what you are selling. Every body does it finance guy RV guy DRW owners everybody. I look at the white sticker and determine axle rating load rating on tires and go from there. weigh the truck to see how much the rear of the trucks weighs and tow accordingly.

but hey to each there own. Everybody is ether a lawyer or a cop. I do not own a weight police jacket.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #124
MJShultz

M.O.C. #27580
I didnít specify but I did have our camping gear onboard but no food drinks or clothes. Also being a 4 wheel drive with the B&W Companion gooseneck & 5th wheel slider hitch does not help with axle weight. Also being gas lowers the GVWR of the truck vs diesel
MJShultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #125
432bartman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26190
This thread is amazing.......like the Energizer Bunny.