Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #1
isaac2264

M.O.C. #25564
Wall moving when slide moves

Hi everyone,

I have a problem and need advice. I currently full time in a 2017 Keystone Montana HM370BR. I noticed a crack in the wall so I started moving the kitchen slide in and out while my wife watched the crack. The wall moves about an inch when moving the slide in or out. I assume this will be a dealership fix. Is there a way for me to look in there and see if a weld broke or something similar?

I’m pretty handy but I’m a little worried about this one!

What cost should I expect for this repair?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	99BE3C67-53C1-4A6E-A591-76FE8772E907.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	7007   Click image for larger version

Name:	9EE512D4-9028-4FD2-A0DD-85657EFDA811.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	7008  

isaac2264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Like you, I'd like to get behind the wall and see why it is moving. Based on what you find, you can determine if it's a repair you can do, or might require a higher level of maintenance. If serious, I doubt my dealer could fix it and depending on the seriousness, it might be a job for Keystone.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
isaac2264

M.O.C. #25564
Thanks for the reply TLightning. I spoke to a certified dealer nearby and he said they know exactly what it is and it takes two weeks for repair. Problem is my appointment is in November! Keystone just told me to talk to a certified dealer first.

How would you recommend opening up the wall? I assume I would go in from the outside. Am I correct?

If I do have to wait for the appointment, I plan on removing as much weight off the slide and keeping an eye on it. This trailer is our permanent residence for now and I don’t have have family to stay with nearby (military). I’m hoping I can get in there and fix a weld or something.

Any more advice is greatly appreciated!
isaac2264 is offline   Reply With Quote